OT: The most poetic argument against abortion I've ever heard.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This is very true.

Afternoon, you didn't get a temp ban for that picture then? :lol:

while I have a lot of sympathy for that view, I still can't except that it shouldn't be an option in some cases, extreme and rare cases maybe, but those cases DO happen and in those cases I think it would be wrong to deny that person that choice.

aside from all this, what really annoys me is that these days it's very easy to avoid pregnacy, I think what needs to be addressed is why so many unwanted pregnancies are happening in the first place. That is the root of this whole thread.

• Members
I still can't except that it shouldn't be an option in some cases, extreme and rare cases maybe, but those cases DO happen and in those cases I think it would be wrong to deny that person that choice.

This is exactly where I stand. It should be available for women in those situations, and not as a form of birth control.

• Members
This is exactly where I stand. It should be available for women in those situations, and not as a form of birth control.

we've been argueing over nothing then. :lol:

the problem is most of the anti-abortion squads don't see it like this, especially the hardline religious ones. They don't think it should be allowed under any circumstances and it should be made illigal. That's why if I have to choose which side of the fence i'm on, it's the opposite one from them.

• Members
we've been argueing over nothing then.
:lol:

the problem is most of the anti-abortion squads don't see it like this, especially the hardline religious ones. They don't think it should be allowed under any circumstances and it should be made illigal. That's why if I have to choose which side of the fence i'm on, it's the opposite one from them.

True. First off you can't MAKE anyone do anything...unless you force them too do it,. And, that's not Freedom to me. I had a close friend commit suicide years ago, I was very upset about it. But, I finally realized all my talking with him about how he could go on in life, and do good fell on deaf ears. He had made his desicion and nothing I said ment squat. I wish I had spent more time just listening. :cry:

• Members
Yes, because aborting baby fetuses is the most compassionate thing to do.
:freak:

Guys, I'm a {censored}ing uber-liberal.
:rolleyes:
This is one of the few topics that I simply can't agree with. To me, it would seem more liberal to want to take care of and advocate for the welfare of children/babies/fetuses.
idn_smilie.gif
They can't do it for themselves.

Nobody thinks abortion is awesome, just that it shouldn't be illegal.

HC has that last smilie. Don't link it from HM.

• Members
Afternoon, you didn't get a temp ban for that picture then?
:lol:

while I have a lot of sympathy for that view, I still can't except that it shouldn't be an option in some cases, extreme and rare cases maybe, but those cases DO happen and in those cases I think it would be wrong to deny that person that choice.

aside from all this, what really annoys me is that these days it's very easy to avoid pregnacy, I think what needs to be addressed is why so many unwanted pregnancies are happening in the first place. That is the root of this whole thread.

I'm not against abortions that make sense medically speaking. I don't have the sense that most abortions are done for medical reasons, though.

I will admit, however, that I may have had a unique experience in knowing not one, but two different women who had multiple abortions. They were indeed using it as a form of contraception. The first was this girl in HS. She had no less than 4 abortions through HS and a couple years after. She was really {censored}ed up in the head, though. The other was the mother of an old girlfriend. She was in her late 30s, pulled down a nice salary, and simply couldn't be bothered having any more kids. She didn't use contraception, and ended up having two abortions. It just seems so irresponsible.

Archived