Absolute best stores thread.

• Members
This place looks absolutely sick.
http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/

Thanks a lot, a-hole. I just spent an hour of my life on their site looking at guitars I will never be able to afford. :wave:

As far as cool shops in my area, Guitar Center moved in and put most out of business. R.I.T. Music has always been a favorite of mine, also Elderly Instruments ( www.elderly.com ) in Lansing is cool.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:cry:
wish we had a store like that in LA!

WLA Music used to be good, (now it's like GC)

TrueTone has a terrible rep (imho, great gear, very strange staff)

hey angelinos, whats good here?

I like both mentioned above. The guys are Truetone are a bit standoffish, but cool once engaged.

The other stop in the "area" is:

Harbor Music

Cool dudes, got my Traynor there. Not freeway friendly so take a day and hit the Redondo Beach pier for kicks as well. Been a while since I've been down that way myself.

• Members

Not many places here in Gainesville, FL, but the best ones as far as I'm concerned:

Tim and Terry's Music and More - excellent for almost any kind of repairs. Not too vast with their used selection but they carry some quality gear. Nice guys.

Sim's Music - good for high end as well as obscure brands. HUGE selection of acoustic guitars. Nice guys too.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'll nominate Tom Waghorn of Waghorn Guitars, Bristol, UK. Excellent luthier with great prices. Always fun talking to him when I deposit my junk with him.

Capsule Music in Toronto also get a mention because they did a great custom job on my Epi Dot. The fret job they did is immensely brilliant.

• Members

Some of my favorites:

Fly By Nite - Neosho, MO (got my silverburst custom from there, and the other stuff they have is absolutely incredible. The guy who owns this store owns the original Fender prototype solid body electric)

Twin Town - Minneapolis, MN

Chicago Music Exchange - Chicago, IL

Manny's - New York, NY

Willie's American Guitars - St. Paul, MO

Strings & Things - Memphis, TN (when it was still around and had all sorts of awesome stuff in it. Years ago, it was really hard to even touch this place in terms of selection and all around knowledge)

Archived