New Line 6 Products

TheGareth

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the same price as the X3 Live.

If you're comparing it to the X3 Bean, that's not a fair comparison. The 4 LCD screens, metal chassis and all of the extra footswitches likely make up a large chunk of the cost of the product.

• Members

I think what it comes down to is a LOT of features in something they claim to be the size of 2 of the 4-button stompers. I was in the middle of a pedalboard build which was going to have a DM4, MM4 and a Boss DD-20. The announcement of the M13 put that pedalboard plan on hold indefinitely. It will give me all of the same sounds in a more convenient package with only 1 power supply to worry about.

I still prefer the sound of the DD20 for modulated delay, but we'll see if L6 listens to my suggestion of making the mod delay actually sound good...and not like a flanged delay which sounds pretty bad.

...plus, like another poster mentioned, you get a Verbzilla thown in for good measure. The M13 is a tremendous value when you think about it. Each of the 4-button stompers is $250 new.

DL4 $250

MM4 $250

DM4 $250

FM4 $250

Verbzilla $110

TOTAL = $1110

At $499, it's a ridiculous bargain.

...and I didn't even mention the 28 second looper.

lots of other models besides the 4 series pedals/zilla. check out the manual.

• Members

...plus, like another poster mentioned, you get a Verbzilla thown in for good measure. The M13 is a tremendous value when you think about it. Each of the 4-button stompers is $250 new.

DL4 $250

MM4 $250

DM4 $250

FM4 $250

Verbzilla $110

TOTAL = $1110

At $499, it's a ridiculous bargain.

...and I didn't even mention the 28 second looper.

Even at used prices, 3 DL-4s at $175ea... you're at $525 + $60 (verbzilla), you're still ahead... besides the fact that it's like having that combo 12x over (and the verbzilla doesn't support multiple settings). Yeah the other modelers are all cheaper on the used market, but still.

• Members

BTW $700 for the M-13
:cry:

Considering the amount of stuff it does, thats not a bad price...

Out of interest, what advantage does this give you over their other products such as the floor POD X3 live?

• Members

As far as effect types, the only thing I'm missing there is an Octaver. An ocatve up and octave down would be very nice. I hope it'll be added in future s/w versions.

on the filter section you can change pitch from octave -1 to +1

that's something at least

• Members

Line 6's strength is the POD series, which they seem to just be repackaging over and over now, even this new stuff looks to be POD modeling packaged anew. Their latest pod X3 just took the XT stuff and added new features. So, the big question for Line 6 is are they going to bring out true next generation amp / effects modeling or are they going to endlessly repackage the same old stuff?

• Members

Line 6's strength is the POD series, which they seem to just be repackaging over and over now, even this new stuff looks to be POD modeling packaged anew. Their latest pod X3 just took the XT stuff and added new features. So, the big question for Line 6 is are they going to bring out true next generation amp / effects modeling or are they going to endlessly repackage the same old stuff?

Maybe they think its perfect and not worth updating? :p

On a serious note, they might be tweaking the algorithms and improving the hardware in each. It might explain why some products such as the X3 are more expensive as the XT? Then again I really don't know because I haven't researched the products, it could be the same hardware and firmware for all I know.

Actually, do you know if the POD's are using the same programs as the stombox like the DL4?

Archived