New Line 6 Products

TheGareth

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was excited about the looper as the DL4 is my main looper at the moment (after owning an Echoplex Pro), but I'm also put off by the amp modelling. As the fact that it comes with tons of 'jams' built in.

I guess some people would be into the jams, but who looks for amp modelling in their looper?

My big hope is for the Boomerang3 to deliver the looping goods, and actually give the EDP a run for its (size and) money.

• Members

The JM4 looper has amps/fx built in for people looking to jam-along to cd's and to learn riffs. The unit has a CD/MP3 input on the back panel.

This thing is basically a Spider JAM packed into a 4-button stomper with some added looper functions. It's STEREO too BTW.

From what I've read, you can put in a larger SD memory card to get 6.5 hours of tunes into it. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but imagine....6.5 hrs, full-stereo. This might be a great backing track player for live bands.

• Members

The JM4 looper has amps/fx built in for people looking to jam-along to cd's and to learn riffs. The unit has a CD/MP3 input on the back panel.

This thing is basically a Spider JAM packed into a 4-button stomper with some added looper functions. It's STEREO too BTW.

From what I've read, you can put in a larger SD memory card to get 6.5 hours of tunes into it. I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but imagine....6.5 hrs, full-stereo. This might be a great backing track player for live bands.

I think that's it - they are not going after the performance market with this one - this is a pure home/practice noodler tool (and a pretty well featured one for that purpose).

• Members

I think that's it - they are not going after the performance market with this one - this is a pure home/practice noodler tool (and a pretty well featured one for that purpose).

Yeah...kind of like 1/2 of a POD and 1/2 of a looper. I still wouldn't buy it though.

• Members

It looks like line6 is trying to compete with the TC G-system and the new Nova system, although the TC stuff looks (and probably sounds) much nicer. What's the Nova system about $700 street? I don't know if anyone here has one yet, but I'm affraid of what my first experience with the Nova system could do to my savings account. :eek:

• Members

Well, if you're a fan of the 4-button stomp series or the fx in the XT series, then you'll probably like the M13. I for one, think it's gonna be really cool, so I plan on ordering one as soon as they are available.

The TC stuff is too clean for me. It doesn't have any character.

• Members

Couple things I dont get about the m13:

What are the routing options? The picture seems to suggest its in collumns, dist a,b,c, then filter a,b,c ect. are they stuck like that or can you move them around? eg, delay before dist or more than one delay at once?

Where are the reverbs?

• Members

As I understand it, you have 4 columns, each with a dedicated engine and 3 switches. Each of the 3 switches in a column controls the engine above. Each switch can be programmed to any of the available effects. Therefore, you can have up to 4 effects of any kind and in any order. You can have even up to 4 effects of the same kind (e.g. all 4 dirt boxes, or 4 Dly's etc.).
This is all of course per scene (you have up to 12 scenes).

It is still not clear to me what is the ext loop placement in the chain. Besides the front and behind options which are obvious, does the "middle" position mean two engines before the loop and two after ? or you can also have 1 or 3 engines before the loop ?

Anyway, I find the M13 very interesting. I was looking for a long time for such a unit. I only hope it sounds good.

• Members

btw, does anyone know whether there is a dedicated boost footswitch ? From the sounds list it seems that this can be done via one of the engines. However, it seems like a waste of one of the 4 engines just for getting more volume.

• Members

The M-13 looks like a winner to me. 12 different patches of 4 each, in any order, of the models on the xx-4 pedals? With a stereo loop? For $500?

I'll get one.

+1

Even if you ignore 2/3 of the effects (from my pod XT experience, I found the choruses to be lackluster and the synth stuff to be pretty glitchy), there's still a ton of interesting stuff - just the delays + verbzilla in one unit with presets would be worth it. And the one effect I really, really miss from my Pod is that echo platter delay . . .

• Members

i could really sell my dl-4 and fm-4 and upgrade to the line 6 superstomp. i would never have thought about selling them, but if this machine makes the same sounds.... hmm.. it also might not be as breakable. not that i've broken either, but the sturdier the better.

i'm going to have to suck it up and go back to guitar center when this thing comes out to try it out. oh, it will be nice to have a bunch of extra reverbs for once.

the looper... hmm i'm thinking about trading up for something better than my jamman.. but i've been looking at the ehx and the repeater. i don't really need backing tracks, i have other stuff for that.

• Members

+1

Even if you ignore 2/3 of the effects (from my pod XT experience, I found the choruses to be lackluster and the synth stuff to be pretty glitchy), there's still a ton of interesting stuff - just the delays + verbzilla in one unit with presets would be worth it. And the one effect I really, really miss from my Pod is that echo platter delay . . .

Weirdly the line 6 tonecore chorus is really, really good...but its not included in the m13, only the mm4 chorus' are.

Archived