Classic Rockers: Name 5 Pedals

• Members

I'm between bands right now (With the last band I joined, we had two practices, played a fantastic first gig together, and right after we finished our last set, the lead singer dropped dead of a heart attack). But this is my must-have setup as follows:

'88 Fender Strat Plus w/ gold Lace Sensors and Dean Evo SS w/ Dimarzio's
(soon to be Duncan Seth
Lover p/u's)
into: 1. Voodoo Lab Microvibe
2. Beano Boost NKT
3. Throbak Fuzz Haze
4. Fulltone OCD ver.4
5. Throbak Overdrive Boost (Could do the whole gig with this pedal)

Alternates: 1. Voodoo Lab Proctavia
2. '78 MXR Distortion + (special occasions?)

into: Carvin MTS 2x12 combo or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (soon to be Custom
Vibrolux 2x10 combo)

• Members

I'm listening to clips of this right now and it sounds fantastic! Do you use this before any of your dirt pedals or at the end of your chain for a nice dirty boost?

I prefer it at the end of the chain. Killer as either a clean or dirty boost, but I like to use it for either a silicon fuzz face-type Doyle Bramhall ll tone or as an attenuator (with a little dirt) for the amp (it really works this way) so I can dime the amp volume. Also like to use it for the basic '70's Jeff Beck tone. Check out both of these clips: On Carlygtr's music page on the Soundclick site- Scroll through the songs until you get to the "Led Boots" cover. Also, there is a clip for the Prescription Electronics Rx Overdriver on the Musictoyz website that sounds very similar to how mine can sound.

The OD/Boost is pretty much the greatest pedal I've ever had, period.

Archived