Guess what music the forumite plays based on his rig

veil

• Members

What about, guess what music the bass player plays based on his rig?

Fender American Jazz bass and Gibson SG bass ->

Aphex Punch Factory -> Boss DD-3 -> Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Wah -> Fulltone Bass-Drive -> MXR M-117R Flanger ->

Ashdown MAG C210T-300.

I'm getting the "straight up rock and roll" vibe. Not sure if I'm on or not, though! Hah.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont have pics right now but:

Guitars:

Squier Jagmaster II

Fernandes H65 MIJ

Squier MIK Telecaster (not sure the year)

Squier II Stratocaster MIK

Board:

Bad Monkey, PW Tuner, PS-3, Sovtek Green Muff, Moog Ring Mod, Boss SD-1, Rat, Fish N Chips, Cool Cat, Arion Stereo Phasor, DOD FX-17 Vol/Wah, DMM, RV-3, RV-5, Nova Delay

Amp:

Musicmaster HD130 Blackface, all tube version

Crate 2x12 with the British speakers

Rivera Sedona 1x15

• Members

I dont have pics right now but:

Guitars:

Squier Jagmaster II

Fernandes H65 MIJ

Squier MIK Telecaster (not sure the year)

Squier II Stratocaster MIK

Board:

Bad Monkey, PW Tuner, PS-3, Sovtek Green Muff, Moog Ring Mod, Boss SD-1, Rat, Fish N Chips, Cool Cat, Arion Stereo Phasor, DOD FX-17 Vol/Wah, DMM, RV-3, RV-5, Nova Delay

Amp:

Musicmaster HD130 Blackface, all tube version

Crate 2x12 with the British speakers

Rivera Sedona 1x15

i'm going to say... noise rock?

oh, my stuff is in my sig by the way...

• Members

i'm going to say... noise rock?

on my own time! close. a few months back i working with some noise rock stuff. but i just recently joined a new band, its "garage rock" i guess? dunno, fugazi, sonic youth influenced stuff, whatever you'd want to call that. the other guitarist is a member on here too.

• Members

on my own time! close. a few months back i working with some noise rock stuff. but i just recently joined a new band, its "garage rock" i guess? dunno, fugazi,
sonic youth
influenced stuff, whatever you'd want to call that. the other guitarist is a member on here too.

that's what i was shooting for.

• Members

sorry. was i way off?

I'm not sure...there are aspects of what I play that match aspects of what you said, but I think it misses the aspects of punk/dissonance/energy that the music I make has. Wow...that sounds real pretentious.

• Members

I'm getting the "straight up rock and roll" vibe. Not sure if I'm on or not, though! Hah.

+1. Based on the basses, I'm thinking Cream meets Rush. Don't know what to make of the wah though: the only bassist with wah that comes to mind is Billy Sheehan! :confused:

My 2nd pedal is a dead giveaway, but I use too much ambience (and melody!) for death metal.

• Members

Well, you gave it away! See my Sig for my Rig.

edit - Whoops! I was replying to tocs100 & missed the post by attic. attic - you're a mixed bag, 'eh? From the rig you posted you'd seem to be a 90s alt-rocker, but I see you've got 2x classicals as well & the AD-3. . .so, "with a softer side?" :D

• Members

Well, you gave it away! See my Sig for my Rig.

edit - Whoops! I was replying to tocs100 & missed the post by attic. attic - you're a mixed bag, 'eh? From the rig you posted you'd seem to be a 90s alt-rocker, but I see you've got 2x classicals as well & the AD-3. . .so, "with a softer side?"
:D

You, Alternative Rock, Garage Rock, The Hives. Perhaps?

• Members

I didn't give it away, I just said "Not death metal," so that leaves dozens of other metal bands. (Not hair metal either.
:D
)

For attic I'm thinking Radiohead. For drasp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Because I don't know much about metal. I'm just going to say that you play the br00tals. :eek:

• Members

Because I don't know much about metal. I'm just going to say that you play the br00tals.
:eek:

I'm gonna have to give someone else a try. Note guitar is a Strat, so not too br00tal. Name a couple '80s metal bands with a Strat-guitarist, and you'll probably get a "ding."

• Members

You've both hit on bands/styles I dig. When I play with friends it's a sort-of punk/garage/maximum R&B thing, and when I play with myself it's more texture & stuff.

FuzzShifter - I'm kind of scratching my head for you. Strat + LP, Carvin Amp, very flexible rig, you could be playing just about anything, 'eh? Klezmer? Argentinian Goat Herder Punk? Deconstructionist Post Something?

• Members

n161501268_31081533_7944.jpg

Gibson LP Studio | Gibson SG Special Faded | MIM Fender Strat w/ upgrades

DOD FX-17 Wah/Volume > Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr. > MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive > Skreddy Mayo > Vexter Box of Rock > MI Audio Crunch Box > EHX MicroPOG > Dano Fish & Chips EQ > Catalinbread Semaphore > Boss RV-3 > Boss DD-20 > Boss TU-2

Fender Blues Junior*

Your guess is as good as mine. :idk:

Archived