WayTooApe

Heaviest Distortion pedal?

MXR doubleshot, a brutal distortion? More like a bees nest!{censored}e

You have to know how to use it and what to combine it with to make it work. Its not a plug in and play pedal thats for sure.

I get very thick metal tones out of it. Not brittle or bees like you say.

YEPPZ.

The whole bigbox diecast series from Zoom are absolute winners(albeit sleepers), few people got to enjoy them simply because they expected digital stuff from the name. Although I have no experience with the HL-01, the UF-01 can do much that the Fuzz Factory puts out, the PD-01 is a very flexible OD pedal rather overlooked (Shortscale Mike's demo is ace), and the TM-01 is indeed flat out scary at what it can produce...Gain upon gain with decent tone shaping gives it a lot to offer.

They are just as overlooked over here, Korean shops have heaps of the above still boxed up, although most go for about $120 a piece.

I've hard them all but the OD

TM01=Awesome for metal, although unlike some "metal" pedals it cant be dialed back a little for playing rock, its all or nothing,

UF-01=great but not for me, sold it to a shoegazer who probably got a lot more use out of it

HL-01- kind-of-like a rectifier heavy sound, pretty decent for hard rock.

TM01=Awesome for metal, although unlike some "metal" pedals it cant be dialed back a little for playing rock, its all or nothing,

Ah yes, didn't think to mention that. Very very true.

The Tri Metal is a very nice pedal. The Ibanez SM-7 is another high gain monster. Not true bypass, but it does have a noise gate switch that you can engage, which is nice.

Posted (edited)

I'd have to say the boss mt-2 metal zone. It's pretty brutal but it can soften up with boosted mids. checkout this song I recorded with the metal zone with the mids back-ed off 10 o clock. It's quite a cool song I did.  check my soundcloud link. 

Edited by mbengs1

Posted (edited)

The Tightest most Defined...Heaviest Distortion pedal I have ever used, even over my THD Univalve SN65......

Fab Metal Clip

Danelectro D-3 Fab Metal

spacer.png

Edited by StratStevo