Sign in to follow this  
CaptHowdy

Anyone knows what gear Lynyrd Skynyrd played?

Yeah, I know that too. Les Pauls, Explorer and Strats. I didn't know about the Peavey amps though. But what effects did they use? There are some great stuff on their recordings, especially modulation effects used on rhytm guitars.

They have a very uncomplicated sound, very little effecs, only some modulation here and there. So mostly a les paul, explorer and sg through peavey and marshall amps (I have seen both in different videos of them).

They played Peavey amps on that last tour, but I'm pretty sure that early on, especially, they were using Marshalls and Fenders in the studio. I couldn't swear to it, though.

That's great. I have a live dvd to look into as well. But I really like to find out what modulation effects they used. Some great sounds.

Back in the day it was marshalls in the studio and Peavey's live. Gary said the Marshalls sounded great in the studio but they wouldnt cut with 3 guitarists live.

pvmace2x12.jpg

As far as modulation, there's definitely a phaser on the lead guitar on Tuesday's Gone and I think the slide parts of Freebird.

Wah on Needle and the Spoon.

If you're covering The Needle and the Spoon you'll need a wah. Think I used to use a chorus for T for Texas back in the day. Other than that and some short delay/reverb, not much else and oh yeah, the Peaveys...

Fuck skynyrd and southern rock and country rock and shit

Southern man

better keep your head

Don't forget

what your good book said

Southern change

gonna come at last

Now your crosses

are burning fast

Southern man