my new Behringer shifter/harmonist

rocket34bg

• Members

i'm so excited about this pedal, not sure why. i have the ps-5. but it's just been a while since i got a new toy to play with i guess.

n23913164_35411914_3608.jpg

i got it at this small guitar shop in denton, tx. i've bought a few behringers from here. they are selling them for 30 bucks and they have tons. i didn't even know they sold them in the u.s. the guy there said they ordered them though. works for me. ebay sells them for about 50

i'll give a better review after i mess with it some more. and sound clip if anyone is interested, of course. i think some might be interested in the difference between this and the ps-5. only thing is i don't have an electric guitar with me, jjust acoustic (direct in with behringer acoustic direct in) andddd vocals. i could hook up my microkorg too.

observations so far:

tried pitch shifter and harmonist functions only. pitch shifter is MUCH better than the ps-5. i always wondered why that setting always sounded terrible, i don't even use it. but the behringer actually sounds decent. i don't really care much, cause if i want to do that kind of pitch shifting i like the lo-fi-ness of my ps-2. hmm now i'm starting to think my ps-5 is kinda messed up.. i did get it used... anyways..

harmonizer function, i think it sounds exactly the same. except the behringer doesn't do the gross glitchy 2 octaves up and down.... which is actually kind of disappointing! but doesn't matter much, i might be the only one whoever uses that.

first issue: expression pedal seems to be effed up on the behringer. i can't seem to get down to my original pitch. maybe i should try it with different expressions. the roland one works fine with my ps-5 though

more updates coming up

• Members

Cool! I wanted to pick one up because of the cost--pitch shifters and harmonizers always end up screwing up....they almost never track well. I tried an old Ampeg Scrambler (sustain tracked horribly), some Boss Pitch Shifters, etc. No matter how expensive they were, they just didn't work.

How's the tracking? Is the pitch shifted/ harmonized sound slow or warbly? None of the stores here had it for me to try out and I was a little hesitant to buy one without hearing it, as even though the Mini Pog is much more expensive (and doesn't have a harmonize function), it tracks great and i'll probably be getting that. But I do want something that has 5ths and 7th intervals for playing through....

Archived