whats teh best bargain you got lately?

• Members

'68 Gibson B-25 (needs a little hardware and strings) -- $0

Boss cs-3, cs-2, ch-1, sd-1, ge-7 (most "vintage") -- $150
sold everything cept the cs-2 on ebay for $190
so basically: cs-2 -- negative $40

Vanamps Reverbamate -- $200
not that awesome of a bargain per se, cept that it has three outputs: mix, dry, and wet (rare as far as I can tell, and far more useful to me than the other versions). huge pedal, but I'm going to try to put some stuff on top of it.

and you guys should check out http://cgi.ebay.com/Kurzweil-Rumour-Multi-Effects-Unit_W0QQitemZ160218661268QQihZ006QQcategoryZ23790QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
brand new $399 kurzweil rumours. I got one and it is an awesome value for the ad/da alone. sounds bad to the bone on guitar (way better than digital pedals).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Korg ToneWorks Classic OD. I had one awhile back that I screwed up due to me getting too close to the IC chip when I was modding it, and I thought, "eh, well these were all boutique blowouts a couple years back (I call it Korg's failure at an attempt at the boutique market....it was originally around 180 bucks), they'll be easy to find". Not so! They're pretty hard to find now, but I got one for $55 bucks on EBay a week or so back. Even looking online, I rarely saw them, so finding it, period was a deal, and $55 bucks is a damned good deal.

• Members

Apple loves me and not you!

j/k. I had a powerbook that kept having problems with its optical drive. I replaced the drive 4 times and they decided to replace the whole computer.

How is it a bargain to pay for a powerbook and get a macbook?

edit: nvm, I forgot the powerbook is the older model.

• Members

I once traded a $180 Boss GT6 via eBay to a drummer for a bunch of Boss single pedals. He said there was a delay, compressor, phaser, distortion, wah, and power supply, but didn't list any specifics. Got the box a week later, and it included a PS5, HM2, T-wah, PH1r, CS2, and, best of all, a mint DM-{censored}ing-2.

I've whored off everything but the HM2.

• Members
not that bad, just had it sitting around for a while not being used. Once I fixed the reverb on my amp it was useless to me. Think I paid $29.95 new fwiw

I tried it out earlier ... not bad for $10 that's for sure. :thu: I like the sound of my Holy Grail better but I'm sure I can find some uses for it (vocals come to mind). It gets a wet, saturated sound.

Archived