Oh Look another Gibson lawsuit!

• Members

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5imGYdMOB6gWYl4Rfn0dRM0leuQDAD8VI4C800

Gibson officials haven't said why the company is not suing Activision directly.

Maybe because Gibson is directly involved in the Guitar Hero franchise through product placement?

A copy of the patent included in Gibson's lawsuit is dated Nov. 23, 1999, and describes a device that lets a user "simulate participation in a concert by playing a musical instrument and wearing a head-mounted 3-D display that includes stereo speakers."

Well I guess that is the same as a TV and a videogame console? I wonder why they forgot about this patent when they jumped onboard with the franchise in the first place?

• Members

It is funny that Gibson was a sponsor for the game and now they decide to sue. I bet it was some intern in charge of going through the filing cabinets who found some old half-baked idea from a few years ago and thought "wow that is almost like guitar hero".

Honestly though, don't blame Gibson, what corporation wouldn't sue in a heartbeat if they could potentially make millions in extra revenue.

• Members

Gibson needs to STFU and work on finding a way not to charge $3000 for a $600 guitar.

Btw, I see you have a Valcoder in you avatar. Is it done/ready for production?

Edit: It's on the website! woot! (page doesn't work though)

• Members
Gibson needs to STFU and work on finding a way not to charge $3000 for a $600 guitar.

Btw, I see you have a Valcoder in you avatar. Is it done/ready for production?

Edit: It's on the website! woot! (page doesn't work though)

:eek: YES. I see one on ebay too.

• Members
Very much. Site says allow two weeks build time...
:mad:

I guess you won't be signing up for the Echoczar list then? :lol:

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to try and add another pedal to an already slammed production schedule? Nic pretty much only gets time to build these things whenever one of the other three solder jockeys steps out for a smoke/piss break. It's a miracle he can come up with anything new with the workload we have.

• Members

Definitely. I can't believe how overpriced their instruments are. After the lawsuit against PRS, I decided to never buy a new Gibson (or Epiphone, or any other brand they own). But even used ones are overpriced, because the new prices are so high. And almost every LP I pick up doesn't feel right to me (except the Customs). Almost every PRS Singlecut I've tried feels right (including the SEs).

Seems to me Gibson is so into lawsuits just to make extra profit for the company, instead of trying to make their products better. "Hey, we have a tradition to uphold. Now go find somebody to sue, we aren't making enough selling overpriced instruments."

• Members
I guess you won't be signing up for the Echoczar list then?
:lol:

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to try and add another pedal to an already slammed production schedule? Nic pretty much only gets time to build these things whenever one of the other three solder jockeys steps out for a smoke/piss break. It's a miracle he can come up with anything new with the workload we have.

:love:

I don't have the money anyways...:cry:

• Members
I guess you won't be signing up for the Echoczar list then?
:lol:

Every time someone mentions the echoczar I kind of go into a happy place...then I realize I'll never be able to afford it ever and if I ever became rich and buy one I'll probably get in a plane crash the day I'm supposed to get it. :mad:

Archived