SMM/H Arrived + Clips

lukin

• Members

Nah, I want another DD-20. That's what I'm selling my Magicstomp to fund. The Nova delay looks really really tempting, but I'd like the option of using an expression pedal too, so it's gotta be the DD-20.

if I was getting a single pedal it'd be an Echo park - way better features than the Boss DD5/6/7 for cheaper.

DD 20 can't take an expression pedal.

• Members

I played with the SMM/H a bit more today. I am going to keep it. The reverse echo and 1 sec + rev echo settings are very usable in my band for my sound I think. I really like those features. Also I think the usual delays will get used for different purposes, probably playing in harmony with myself, spacey solos and i'm sure I will find a use for the increasing volume delays on the multitap.

Another cool features is using the filter with the blend right up and no delay and repeats. I have never been 100% happy with the distortion on my amp and I found this just helps me to just a bit of that high end. On the other hand I can turn the filter further clockwise to get a bit more of a funk sort of sound.

I still wish you could set even just 2 presets per setting at least for the modulation setting. The others aren't so bad as you can tap in the delay time etc. and use the 3 sec echo and multi tap for different purposes.

Overall I am pretty happy with it and don't think I will bother spending the extra money on the Eventide even though that has some really cool features and a tape echo setting. I may do what others have done and get a DMM or something similar in future, but for now I have another pedal I want to buy that will do alot more for my sound then a second delay I think.

Archived