what behringer pedals and or gear is worth owning

eman

• Members

I

...now the problem I have with the pedals is that they seem to require much higher mA power than other competitors...that and the fact that the power is opposite what my Boss/Line6 pedals use (center negative?) that makes it a pain in the ass to link with a daisy chain...

I have accidentally used a BOSS adaptor with a behringer pedal in the past and the pedal survived - in fact it sounded fine. However, it was a single pedal, not daisy-chaining, and an analogue pedal, which probably doesn't care that much. So don't try this at home, kids..

• Members

Ok, so i got the DC-9 compressor today and my first impression is that it totally blows. Its noisy, sucks the signal and it doesnt seem to do much in the compressing department. Ill screw around with it a bit more tomarrow but frankly im not impressed so far.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I own and my rating between 1 and 10:
Vamp II & Vamp Pro: a little noisy when not playing but great effects 9
DD-400: great delay pedal 9
OD-100: 9
TO-800: 9
TO-100: 9
BO-100: 9
VT999: This is kind of redundant for me being my tube amps do what this already does 7

• Members

I got the Vintage Time Machine last week (DMM clone) for $60. It's actually not that bad, I don't notice any change in volume/tone with it either. The blue LED was so bright I had to put some tape over it though.

I just ordered one, haven't heard it yet. Does it sound a lot like the EHX DMM? I've read that it will work with a Boss-style adapter, and the DMM does not.

• Members

I own and like:

Sm200 Slow Motion

Warp Distortion

VT999 Vintage Tube Monster

Ive owned and hated(and got rid of)

Vamp-X floor modeler

UV300 Vibrato

Spectrum Enhancer

UT300 Tremelo

VD-1

My bass player also has one of their 450 watt 4x10 combos thats pretty cool, if heavier than hell. Personally i think that you can do worse for the money, but its sorta hit and miss with what is good and whats not. I have never heard a worse modeler than the Vamp-X floor unit, but on the other hand the Warp Distortion is the best heavy distortion box ive ever played.

What's the vintage tube monster like?

• Members

for some high gain boosted mids i go for the GDI (Brit mode setting). controls are fine, except for the stupid switch.

the tuner is fine.

except for the enclosures (which makes me think im stepping on butter), i think the pedals do well (take that with a grain of salt though).

• Members

I was given a behringer chorus pedal for free by a company rep at my music store. Didn't sound all that bad, but was the cheapest pedal i've ever seen. Flimsy plastic, knobs offered no resistance like they were going to just fall off, and I even took the thing apart and found that all the weight it had was from a metal plate screwed to the bottom of it that served no purpose other than to give the thing weight. The only Behringer i'd own would be MAYBE one of their cheap mixers as an emergency backup for a good piece of gear. We once took apart one of their "tube" amps and found that it wasn't connected to anything.. there was a red LED behind it making it look like it was lighting up.

• Members

and I even took the thing apart and found that all the weight it had was from a metal plate screwed to the bottom of it that served no purpose other than to give the thing weight.

serves also as shielding plane.

behringer is notorious for lighting up "blank tubes" with LED though.

• Members

What's the vintage tube monster like?

Its pretty cool really, i dont like the noise gate but i rarely like any noise gate. Its got a lot of gain and sounds all around pretty good. Replace the stock tube right away though, the one in mine sucked really really bad.

All in all well worth the $39 i paid for it.

Archived