Wannabe Steve Vai Posers on Youtube

TheGareth

• Members

[YOUTUBE]W73HpEcbO6Y[/YOUTUBE]

What can I say? Look at this guy! The hair, the facial expressions........ I think that his playing is excellent and that he does a great cover of this song, but my God!

There is another guy that I've seen on YT and he does the same kind of act, but I can't find him. If anyone has anymore Vai wannabes then discuss them here. :cop:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah thats dumb, or even people who by signiture guitars bothers me.

I agree to an extent, but a boy's gotta have heros, right?

Also, if Fender bring out a Greenwood Tele with Laces and a kill switch I would definitely look twice.

• Members

That's kinda sad, imho. I've never understood people who are hellbent on emulating a famous guitar player.

Agreed. If you wanna do a cover song with a fan and all the nuances then you have got to be absolutely perfect at it. Unfortunately this guy isn't....

• Members

i just don't understand why people put that stuff on youtube, its not even the fact that i think vai is wank, its just the complete pointlessness of it, if you iked vai why wouldn't you just listen to him rather than some amateur hour poser...

• Members

I agree to an extent, but a boy's gotta have heros, right?

Also, if Fender bring out a Greenwood Tele with Laces and a kill switch I would definitely look twice.

thats would make me feel TOO unoriginal.

• Members

The bedroom rock stars on youtube make me laugh. 98% suck ass and then get all mad when you tell them. But hey, they are entertaining.... at least for someone, somewhere. Its funnier when you tell them they suck and they get all defensive or make excuses. Too many turds sitting in front of their computer playing crappily over the top of some crappy CD.

I admit I suck, thats why I don't post my stuff for the world to see. :)

Archived