The Official Comprehensive Behringer Pedal Reviews Thread

Crxsh

• Members

I unfortunately must give negative feedback for my DD-400, which started malfunctioning after about 6 months. Activating it turns everything to buzzy noise, like if a cable goes bad. On the other hand, I still have my TO-800 and love it. I'm not convinced of the bypass, the output volume isn't great, and the plastic, as with all behringers, doesn't give me the nice solid feel of a TB switch or Boss pedal, but other than that, I really do like it, and it's a great pedal for the minute sum that you pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone used the RV600 Reverb Machine on the 'space' mode? I was planning on getting a Verbzilla just for shimmer, but if the Behringer will do it on the cheap.....

I have both, the behr copy sounds a little less hi-fi but not bad in anyway.

Also i thought id chime in on the Warp Distortion. I finally got the original that it copies the H&K Warp Factor and i can say the original sounds better, but i think the changes have more to do with the original running on 14v than anything else.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

• RV600 Reverb Machine -- Line 6 Verbzilla copy. All the settings work as expected. The only setting that gave me clock noise was the Space setting, but I expected that since I have a long chain and one power supply which also feeds my amps. Other than that, I have no regrets.

My favorite settings are the Cave, as it feels immense, and the Space, which shimmers everything beautifully. All the settings can totally drown out the signal if you want, even when not 100% wet. However, they can be totally gone/transparent, as well. I play shoegaze most of the time, so these are the prefect settings for me, reverse or not. Plus, the volume is pretty much perfect.

Speaking of which, the trails switch is interesting. if you turn trails off, you will hear a volume drop if your mix is set pretty high. This is because the mix knob is a volume knob for the reverb AND the dry signal. Fully CCW means dry volume is highest, and fully CW means the wet volume is highest. Now, turn the trails on, and it makes more sense. Your volume will stay the same on or off, since you aren't bypassing the pedal. The mix knob is still a sort of volume knob, but no volume drop or boost is experienced.

• HM300 Heavy Metal -- Boss HM-2 clone. As such, it has the same controls, same sound, and the same curious gain knob. There are really only three settings for this pedal: Off, On, and More On. The two-band EQ (Low and Mid) works fine, although I mainly keep the Low up (it's directly related to volume) and the Mid around noon, with volume to taste. For me, it has one good sound, like a lot of pedals, but it's certainly got a very wide range, and I'm sure there's something in it for everyone.

It should be noted that this is not a pedal meant for heavy metal. It's more of a fuzz, or maybe a medium-gain distortion.

Overall, it's decent, and for me, it nails My Bloody Valentine's sound, so that's one use I have for it.

TP300 Ultra Tremolo/Pan -- Boss PN-2. It has auto panning features as well as tremolo. It's alsp very versatile. You can get unnoticeable swaying to choppy buzzing, whether you're panning or only using for tremolo. My favorite thing to do is set it to something medium depth, with a slow-ish speed, and pan between my amps. Or, since I don't own an EM600 Echo Machine yet, I set it at the same tempo as a delay, so it's sort of a ping-pong effect. It works really well.

DD400 Digital Delay -- Boss DD-3? It's a standard delay, with a wide range of sounds, up to 1.3ms. Not much to report on. It can get loud, though, regardless of feedback. At a little shy of noon, the first repeat is about equal to your playing, and it gets grander from there, until you can't hear the original playing at all.

I bought it for the Hold feature, though. I can either record a really, really short loop and apply all sorts of sonic mayhem, or perhaps as a quick fill-type-thing, a la Lazy Eye. Some might call it a gimmick, but I call it an interesting feature. I'll have to try to use it more in the future, but for now, it's a very good delay, especially for the price (29.99USD atm), and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to get started in the field of delay.

Oh, and before I forget, there's a hidden tap tempo mode. Hold down for about 2 seconds, then tap in rhythm. Very useful for some of the weirder delay speeds I like that I can never seem to dial in just right.

Now. I often hear a lot of people say all sorts of fuzz about Behringer gear. I once thought about what I'd do if my Behr things ever broke down, but I don't any more. These aren't some cheap plastic cups. These are like hard-hat, PVC pipe, furniture plastic. I have absolutely no qualms when it comes to stepping on any of my pedals, and I'm glad to say that Behringer is included in said stomping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Buffer in general - boosts the signal, adds a little bit of clarity I guess and a little bit of tone suck - overall I haven't noticed a lot of tone suck and I've had up to 5-6 stacked.

Reverb machine - great spring reverb, much better than a holy grail and comparable but not as exactly good as the digitech hardwire I had. Very versatile and almost no tone suck. After I tried the spring chicken it may as well have been a paperweight.

bass synthesizer - amazing product for the price. You can get a ton of usable tones out of this thing and it tracks well. If you want a synth pedal on a budget don't hesitate. I used it on guitar.

filter machine - I only got one tone I liked out of this but I think it's more a function of the type of pedal than this particular model. It's an okay pedal if you want a generic envelope filter sound.

dd400 digital delay - sounds pretty good, nice clean digital delay. The hold function will trail off after a while though which is kind of annoying.

slow gear - fun pedal, works great, does what it's supposed to.

noise supressor - works fine, especially if you put the distortion in the loop like you're supposed to.

ultra vibrato - great sounding vibrato that can get pretty deep, however like with all behringers it brightens up the tone considerably...if you're looking for a gritty lofi type vibrato you'll need to add some distortion and eq or something and even then you might not get it.

Distortion feedbacker - I have some pretty decent distortion/fuzzes but I keep getting drawn back to using the distortion feedbacker. It has a really gritty, biting in your face punk kind of tone that is really great for certain stuff and when you want to cut through. I love playing it, it's really amazing and makes me want to try out more behringer distortions. I used to own a boss dist/fdbkr and the feedback function works and sounds pretty much identical to the boss version.

I've only been collecting behringers for less than three months, so I can't comment on reliability.

• Members

VD400 is a good analog delay for what you pay. It's a DM-3 clone, so its got the same knobs that do the same thing, and has the same 300ms max delay time. Good oscillation sound, not as good as Maxon or Malekko oscillation sounds, but again, keep in mind it was like 20 bucks! If it ever goes out, I'd buy another for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by theshoegazer

View Post

Bumpage!

I have a UV300 (Vibrato - Boss VB-2 copy), CC300 (Chorus - Boss DC-2 copy), VD400 (Delay - Boss DM-2 copy), SM200 (Swell - Boss Slow Gear copy) on the way. I'll review when they get here.

Anyone else have any reviews, clips, vids?

I'd like to set up a little rig like this with an octaver and reverb...maybe a feedback loop too. Would make a great drone board. thumb.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Members

CS400 - nice Compressor but with sustain turned all the way up it adds a very "digital" hiss to the sound. The Boss CS3 also adds a hiss but a very "natural" one biggrin.gif

SE200 - very cool sounding kind of a fixed wah. I like it very much.

SO400 - usable octaver. The tracking of the poly mode is not as good as the one of the Boss pedal... actually it's a useless poly mode....

Next pedal: EM600

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaruu

View Post

Now. I often hear a lot of people say all sorts of fuzz about Behringer gear. I once thought about what I'd do if my Behr things ever broke down, but I don't any more. These aren't some cheap plastic cups. These are like hard-hat, PVC pipe, furniture plastic. I have absolutely no qualms when it comes to stepping on any of my pedals, and I'm glad to say that Behringer is included in said stomping.

Mr. Behringer explained a lot of stuff at musiker-board forum where he really answers user questions about all his products (everything you ask him for!) he explained a bit about the plastic mixture. He even checked what happened to a users amp that was sent to Behringer for repair.

• 2 months later...

Archived