The Official Comprehensive Behringer Pedal Reviews Thread

Crxsh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Silverburst LP

View Post

I saw the FX-600 in the store and thought, "Hmmm... 25 bucks for 6 different effects, each one adjustable... can't be THAT BAD... idea.gif

FX-600... same as the 100 but with a BLUE light. thumb.gif

It's just "weird maker" because no matter what setting you have it on, it just comes out as weird and nothing more. Don't waste your time on this. I use it as a chorus stomp at home because that's the only effect on it that resembles anything close to what it's supposed to be.

PUKEfreak.gif

what does the pitch shifter sound like to you? el oh el. it's bad, but... tremolo sounds like tremolo. delay sounds like delay. chorus sounds like chorus. pitch shifter sounds like pitch shifter. phaser and flanger sound like.. modulation of some sort

maybe you got a busted one?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by rocket34bg

View Post

what does the pitch shifter sound like to you? el oh el. it's bad, but... tremolo sounds like tremolo. delay sounds like delay. chorus sounds like chorus. pitch shifter sounds like pitch shifter. phaser and flanger sound like.. modulation of some sort

maybe you got a busted one?

Nah... I mean, the effects are OK... and by OK

So, I guess in retrospect, for 25 bucks, I shouldn't complain too much, but messing with those tiny knobs for changing each effect seems to defeat the concept of a stomp box, which is usually instant change or added effect. It has its fun uses, I suppose, but not something you'd wanna gig with or stick on a serious board by any means. Like I said, mine serves as a chorus stomp at home just for when I feel like getting a little trippy and mellow.

It just would seem more practical to buy any of the effects within it on one pedal and get better sound quality than 6 crummy sounds in one. For 50 more dollars you can get a decent multi-processor from digitech (RP70), and actually save your sounds, with much better delay, chorus, trem, phaser, flange, pitch shift, distortion, drum machine, etc. etc.

• Members

gotcha

i have the fx100 and i think the trem sounds fine, just not very versatile. and the pitch shifter sounds pretty good too. i mainly use it for experimental stuff though, not with guitar.

i think the problem with the fx100 and 600 might be behringer. it looks like it's the only pedal, that i know of, that they designed. they used a dsp chip that some other company made and i guess they programmed it and put it into a pedal.

it's a pretty interesting idea. i wonder if someone could make something a lot better with the chip. maybe someone who would put more time into it, cause i think behringer just slapped this one together

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Keef84

View Post

Behringer Vintage Phaser: Sounds great. Definitely a cheap Small Stone clone but it sounds good and gets the job done.

Behringer Noise Reducer: Realized I did not even like/need a noise reducer pedal after using this. Also, made a fizzy distorted sound when playing clean.

i had the same issue too. just use the loop to isolate hi-gain/drive pedals, i.e., guitar>NR100 input>Output

NR100 send>gain pedals>return

oh, and dont forget to use a REGULATED POWER SUPPLY. that's the trick. fizz gone.love.gif

• Members

i have the us600 pitchshifter/harmonist, which i really like. its the first behringer pedal i bought. its not noisy and you can get a pretty good 12 string sound. i really only use it for the pitchshifter and the tracking is pretty good. the other effects on it are great for making noise. great with distortion or fuzz.

anyone tried the vd-1?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jcksn1234

View Post

i have the us600 pitchshifter/harmonist, which i really like. its the first behringer pedal i bought. its not noisy and you can get a pretty good 12 string sound. i really only use it for the pitchshifter and the tracking is pretty good. the other effects on it are great for making noise. great with distortion or fuzz.

anyone tried the vd-1?

could you get yours to harmonize? i can't. the intervals are all messed up

i haven't tried the vd-1, but i want to

• Members

i am self taught so i dont know much about harmonies. wish i could help. usually when i play with it, i play with the 12 setting on the harmonist and and the +1 setting on the pitch. it gives me a nice double guitar sound, at least to my ears.

i think i might just buy a vd-1 with the sound clips i have heard, but i might just by a muff instead.

• Members

View Post

could you get yours to harmonize? i can't. the intervals are all messed up

i haven't tried the vd-1, but i want to

cant we use pitch shifters as "harmonist"? i mean on a regular pitch shifter where flatting down a few notches or sharping up, cant we track 3rds, 4ths, etc? i do that with mine, i just keep a low level (low mix) for the effect since not most of the pitch shifted tones don fit well (i.e., in a regular C scale we dont get to play Bb and Eb most of the time right?)

• Members

I've seen several reviews on the VP-1 already, but I just purchased one yesterday and thought I'd throw my two cents in quickly for anyone interested.

In short, the casing is decent--metal actually (a rarity for Behringer), but the knob and switch are cereal box quality--but... just don't squash the damn thing. I never understand people complaining much about pedals not being "road ready"... why? Do you play baseball with it between gigs? But yes, the two controls are a bit lacking in the sturdy department nonetheless.

Other than that, it is a fantastic pedal for the price. Great range of sounds, true bypass wiring, easy to use (1 knob, and a two way switch), and analog, with a good, creamy phase that doesn't sound "fake" at all. Is it the Boss PH9? No. Is it a Small Stone or an MXR? No again, but it comes pretty close; and for the cost to quality ratio, there aren't many better deals out there.

For anyone who wants to experiment with phase or just wants to breathe some new life into their playing, I highly recommend this pedal. Loads of fun, versatile, and it inspires creativity.

4 1/2 out of five stars in some made up ranking system... ****'

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Silverburst LP

View Post

I've seen several reviews on the VP-1 already, but I just purchased one yesterday and thought I'd throw my two cents in quickly for anyone interested.

In short, the casing is decent--metal actually (a rarity for Behringer), but the knob and switch are cereal box quality--but... just don't squash the damn thing. I never understand people complaining much about pedals not being "road ready"... why? Do you play baseball with it between gigs? But yes, the two controls are a bit lacking in the sturdy department nonetheless.

Other than that, it is a fantastic pedal for the price. Great range of sounds, true bypass wiring, easy to use (1 knob, and a two way switch), and analog, with a good, creamy phase that doesn't sound "fake" at all. Is it the Boss PH9? No. Is it a Small Stone or an MXR? No again, but it comes pretty close; and for the cost to quality ratio, there aren't many better deals out there.

For anyone who wants to experiment with phase or just wants to breathe some new life into their playing, I highly recommend this pedal. Loads of fun, versatile, and it inspires creativity.

4 1/2 out of five stars in some made up ranking system... ****'

When did THAT come out? cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Muse_Rage

View Post

When did THAT come out? cop.gif

ph3... sorry.freak.gif

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=151332

PH3-f291dd6eab85590638edeef61eb94bb9.jpg

I dunno when the PH3 came out, but I played through it the day I bought the VP1. It's green, with 4 knobs, a few modes, and was $99.99 US dollars. Beautiful pedals, with more oprions a cleaner phase than the VP-1; like the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and I didn't have 115 bucks to spend on the pedal and an AC adapter ( I just can't play any pedal through batteries... why? ).

So, just in case you were really wondering and not just correcting my pedal model mistake, there ya go. thumb.gif

• Members

so many complain about the lack of sweep of the FX100. i made a little "experiment" yesterday as i was bored out of my mind. the trick to obtain the sweep is to plug IN A and OUT B for mono use (since it runs in stereo).

i found this (in general):

IN A > OUT A - wet and dry signal mixed

IN B > OUT B - wet mix

IN A > OUT B - wet mix, better sweep

IN B > OUT A - a little confusing, you have to turn the unit on to let signal pass. when bypassed, your signal is cut, hence no signal at all

most effective setup would be No. 3. try it guys, pretty fun. or get a spare patch and plug into OUT A > IN B. oscillate!

like this:

guitar > IN A > OUT A > IN B > OUT B > amp

you'll get longer repeats. wow.love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rileykill

View Post

The DR100 sounds pretty decent. All the settings are usable (although some need to be cranked more than others) and it's actually a fairly warm digital reverb. My biggest complaint is the little plastic knobs. It isn't a matter of if they will break off as much as when (hopefully not at a gig). Perfectly alright for $30, though.

I agree. Some cheapo fixes:

1) Tape a big, rectangular eraser edge-wise above the knobs. This prevents bumpage AND reduces glare from the cylon-death-ray-led.

2) Put it in a TB loop (with an eq for a solo-boost smile.gif) as the switch pops a BIT and there's a slight volume-drop/phase-reverse thing going on.

3) Watch those plastic jacks, and only use mono patch cables (stereo/TRS ones won't work).

Now the DR100 is ready to rock. Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

Do all the noobs talking about how bad their fazerz sound w/ distortion know that it should be placed before distortion, and not after? Coz I've used a lot of the ones talked about here and they sound fine with distortion...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

View Post

cc300 clips anywhere? i'm still waiting for mine to come in... i really need some chorus

Do it! This Dimension C clone is actually very close to the original (Yes, it actually uses a real BBD circut), and the stereo imaging strangely replicates the 'wideness' (slightly out of phase) aspect quite well. After extensive A-B'ing the original with the Behringer clone, there are differences, but they really are small, I should know, I played with a CE-2 for over 20 years!

Another point, quite some time ago, I asked if Roland were going to re-issue the Dimension C pedal and in fact, the SDD 320 Dimension D, and one of their Japan based tech guys mailed me saying the costs of such an adventure to replicate the exact components etc of the C & D would be financially un-viable for the company.

Bearing that in mind, the Behringer CC300 provides a unique circumstance,

namely, providing an ethically positive service by replicating a product that the original manufacturer has absolutely no desire to remake whatsoever.

A guilt free Behringer product!

And to be quite frank, regardless of your political opinions of Behringer's MO,

They've done a damn good job here with the CC300, and provided a wonderful service to the music community by putting releasing this pedal.thumb.gif

• Members

Currently my DR100 stereo reverb is a 2-in-1-out mixer for my bass. The pedal's held-up longer than the defective UB802 mixer I just returned, but I'd rather have a Boss LS-2. (I just can't seem to work a trade for one! cry.gif)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by trunkeight

View Post

Do it! This Dimension C clone is actually very close to the original (Yes, it actually uses a real BBD circut), and the stereo imaging strangely replicates the 'wideness' (slightly out of phase) aspect quite well. After extensive A-B'ing the original with the Behringer clone, there are differences, but they really are small, I should know, I played with a CE-2 for over 20 years!

Another point, quite some time ago, I asked if Roland were going to re-issue the Dimension C pedal and in fact, the SDD 320 Dimension D, and one of their Japan based tech guys mailed me saying the costs of such an adventure to replicate the exact components etc of the C & D would be financially un-viable for the company.

Bearing that in mind, the Behringer CC300 provides a unique circumstance,

namely, providing an ethically positive service by replicating a product that the original manufacturer has absolutely no desire to remake whatsoever.

A guilt free Behringer product!

And to be quite frank, regardless of your political opinions of Behringer's MO,

They've done a damn good job here with the CC300, and provided a wonderful service to the music community by putting releasing this pedal.thumb.gif

all behringer products are guilt free to me. but interesting information, thanks!

i use the pedal a lot now, mainly with vocals and synth, not really with guitar. it sounds great

• Members

the DD100 is love! there's that "hidden" tap tempo mode (as mentioned in the reviews page) which is very usable for live settings. love how that works. i wish the Hold function could last around 5 secs at minimum, then i can work on rhythmic passages more efficiently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived