Crxsh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaruu

View Post

To: schecterc1lh

Is that a Behringer cab and head I see in your avatar? How is that working out for you? It looks shweet.

~Kikaruu

Also, BUMPZ.

wow sorry, i just saw this lol, the cab s great for the money, saying that, i messed it up not too long ago. I had my at-100 on 1/2 and the speakers started to fart bad....then there was alot of treble (anyone know what i did?) the head was a good starter head, it has some nice features and it soulds decent. here is a clip from forever ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4KK0Ja8vik

check out the other vids for the cab with the b-52 head.

• Members

Behringer EM600 Echo Machine - Best pedal of the three. Reverse delay is awesome. Lots of modes, switches and knobs to play with. It's definitely a keeper. Part of my Permanent Board for sure. thumb.gif

Behringer PH9 Phaser - When I opened the PH9 it felt so sturdy I thought it was a metal case, but upon further inspection it is definitely not magnetic. I had the MXR Script and '74 Re-Issue but returned both. They were way expensive not to be able to play them without dirt through them. But this one is definitely worth $25. thumb.gif

Behringer FL600 Flanger Machine - Volume Drop!!! mad.gif Other than that it's O.K. Lots of modes and settings to play with. Not worth it to re-house and add "The Device" to get rid of the volume drop. I'm not a huge Flanger fan, but I can't see any reason not to have one. I'll probably return and try the Super Flanger.

• Members

The VP-1 or the PH9? I don't know jack{censored} about phasers. Or should I just get a used Russian or NYC Small Stone...HELP!

I play (extreme) Metal and (crust) Punk mainly...do like messing with effects for ambience and interludes....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhanger

View Post

The VP-1 or the PH9? I don't know jack{censored} about phasers. Or should I just get a used Russian or NYC Small Stone...HELP!

I play (extreme) Metal and (crust) Punk mainly...do like messing with effects for ambience and interludes....

If you like volume drops, and i mean really, really bad volume drops, pick up the VP1, Russian or NY Small Stone. Apparently the Nano Small Stone has no volume drop.

The PH-9 is an MXR EVH Phase 90 clone. MXR Phase 90's are pretty classic. A lot, and I mean a lot of people use them www.guitargeek.com. The PH-9 is so cheap, I don't see why you wouldn't get one, especially since the VP-1's has such a bad volume drop.

I don't think either phaser will work for Metal or Punk as they don't sound good with distortion running through them. They sound great clean, but the effect gets magnified by like 10 with dirt running through them. I'd pick up the EM600 Echo Machine for the reverse delay for ambiance and interludes. The UT100 is great too. But the PH-9 is so darn cheap, I just don't know why you wouldn't get one just to play around with it.

• Members

I don't like volume drops at all mad.gif PH9 it is then man, thanks thumb.gif

I usually like messing around with software effects, CamelAudio's CamelSpace is one of my favourites by far, some of the presets are killer, but that thing is a flanger, enhancer, step sequencer, reverb and i can't remember if that's all rolled into one. Not designed for guitar but works wonderfully nonetheless.

I'd like to replicate some of that stuff in a pedal chain.

I got a DD400 from Studica but it's on Back order mad.gif

My GDI21 is coming in today though, Behr pedal number two, let's hope it's as full of win as everyone says it is, well, if it's half as good as my CC300 it was money well spent smile.gif

I'm going for the Verb and Echo machines next.

• Members

Ultra trem - excellent pedal, with an authentic vintage trem feel. Still using mine after a year.

Acoustic Modeller (AC100?) - nasty, hissy and dull sounding device that makes a strat sound like you fitted a cheap piezo bridge. Sold

DC9 compressor - has a tiny sweet spot between no useful compression and squished to death. Also brightens tone considerably. Might be good to tweak.

EQ700 - works but does tone-suck a bit. Useful if you must overcome a tone problem than amp EQ can't fix, but otherwise not.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhanger

View Post

My GDI21 is coming in today though, Behr pedal number two, let's hope it's as full of win as everyone says it is, well, if it's half as good as my CC300 it was money well spent smile.gif

cc300 clips anywhere? i'm still waiting for mine to come in... i really need some chorus

• Members

I compared the PH-9 and the VP-1 on my Rhodes last night.

The PH-9 was way better (But maybe the VP needs a new battery). However, I prefer the wider sweep on the VP-1 for my Moog. It gives the classic 70's string sound when applied to synth strings. Both have their merits with guitar.

The bypass on the PH-9 is pretty bad but it doesn't bug me much for the price. VP-1 has a major volume drop.

I have the DC9 (DynaComp), Vintage Bass (Bassballs), and Direct box on hold at the local shop. I'll probably pick them up this weekend.

Guitar Center is shipping my '74 reissue Phase 90 and I'll be able to compare it to the Behringer soon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tspit74

View Post

Guitar Center is shipping my '74 reissue Phase 90 and I'll be able to compare it to the Behringer soon.

I got both the Script and '74 Reissue Phase 90's from GC. I returned both of them within a week. For what they cost, you might as well pick up the HBE Psilocybe ($160). I was going to get that, but I scored a Used Maxon PH-350 for $200, it's depth knob allows for distortion to run though it. I use the PH-9 just for funs and cleans. IMO, there is no reason to get an actual phase 90.

• Members

just got the em600 in the mail and i dig it. the only thing i notice that irks me is the bypass and a bit of hum coming through, but i needed a DIY project to keep me occupied, so a TB loop will fix it. i'm also looking at the TP300, so that may be my next behringer purchase, along with the DMM clone when it comes out.

i'm pleasantly surprised by these little cheap-o's

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mike.sartori

View Post

I just ordered a cc300 and the ph9, I'll give my 2 cents when I get them.

Now I just that TP300 - tremolo pan, to come out! The boss ones are friggen expensive, and nothing else does what that pedal does!

I actually got my pedals yesterday, but I didn't get to try them todaythumb.gif

CC300, - I've never tried the real Dimension C, but I did borrow my friends' Digital dimension. This sounds warmer, and allows for more depth than the digital one without sounding harsh or thin or crappy. It's a nice pedal, and good for the style I like to employ with most chorus pedals. Haven't tried it in stereo yet, but I'm sure that will only make it better!

PH-9, sounds great, just like a phase 90! Metal enclosure is nice too!thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mike.sartori

View Post

CC300, - I've never tried the real Dimension C, but I did borrow my friends' Digital dimension. This sounds warmer, and allows for more depth than the digital one without sounding harsh or thin or crappy. It's a nice pedal, and good for the style I like to employ with most chorus pedals. Haven't tried it in stereo yet, but I'm sure that will only make it better!

i just got one a few days ago and it's great. better in stereo. i really like it with vocals, i'm not really a guitar chorus kind of guy though.

• Members

i put my rotary machine, echo machine, and dd600 in a loop because they make noise. machines don't make that much noise and it's not bad with an amp. dd600 makes a really annoying noise though..

cc300 and vd400 are perfect btw i can't imagine the boss versions being better

• Members

Just spent some time comparing the VD400 Vintage Delay with an older Ibanez AD9, (no DM2/3 for me cry.gif) and I was surprised how well it held up.

highspire called it "fuzzy", which is a pretty good description of the way it colors the echos at the higher delay levels and repeat counts. It self-oscillates maybe a little too readily, although I coaxed some pretty interesting decayed repeats out of it... percussive is a good word for where it ended up once the note had washed away.

That's pushing it way out from where I'd generally use it, though; at more normal settings it's amazing how great it sounded for $30.

Other random impressions...

With the delay level set at max, the repeat is actually louder than the original note.

The knobs are ... backwards: "Echo" is the delay level, while "Intensity" sets the number of repeats. And rather than the usual straightforward delay time setting, you get "Repeat Rate" instead. Which means, as JETKING noted, that the longest delay time is full counter-clockwise, at "Min".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw the FX-600 in the store and thought, "Hmmm... 25 bucks for 6 different effects, each one adjustable... can't be THAT BAD... idea.gif

FX-600... same as the 100 but with a BLUE light. thumb.gif

It's just "weird maker" because no matter what setting you have it on, it just comes out as weird and nothing more. Don't waste your time on this. I use it as a chorus stomp at home because that's the only effect on it that resembles anything close to what it's supposed to be.

PUKEfreak.gif

Archived