The Official Comprehensive Behringer Pedal Reviews Thread

Crxsh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
UT100 Ultra Tremolo - This pedal is 10 times better than the Tuna Melt. I can't say enough about it thumb.gif. It's been on my board for a while and I'm actually sad to see it leave as I have a supa-trem on the way. I may re-house it someday though.

TU300 Chromatic Tuner - It works. What else do you need or want out of a tuner? I thought I might replace it with the Boss TU-2, but I think I'll keep the Behringer forever just to make a point about not spending a fortune on gear.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven View Post
Any word on the Rotary pedal yet?

Interested... as the Line 6 is too ugly/heavy/expensive.
i've been messing around with it and getting some cool sounds from it. problem is i don't have anything to compare it to, so i'm not sure if i can say it's bad or not since i'm inexperienced with the type of effect. also, i haven't even used it with my guitar

but i'm getting a new amp tomorrow, so i'll be able to post some soundclips of it soon. same with all my other behringers.

i agree with all positive reviews of the echo machine. i think i may have got the last 40 dollar one on ebay, i would definitely pay 50, but much more than that i would go for the actual thing.

any sound clips of the reverb machine or human voice/wah?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rocket34bg View Post
how would you compare it to the rv-3. cause my rv-3 isn't exactly noiseless
i've never had an RV-3 so i can't really compare. i have an RV-2, but by alla ccounts thats a completely different beast to the RV-3 so its probaby not fair to comment. essentially the DR-400 has one of the worst trails of reverb i've ever heard and the delay is pretty bland digital repeat with low end missing.

as a digital delay its probably fine for most people. you get tap tempo too, so just for that its probably worth the money. the reverb and delay combo seems completely wrong, its guitar note-reverb-delay. wrong order. sounds rubbish = fail.

• Members

EM600

I had an Echo Park for a little while but only used it for reverse delay. Didn't want to keep it around just for that so I sold it. The EM600 nails the echo park reverse so I'm happy with that. Haven't messed around with the other modes much but they all seem to work. Modulation is pretty good and it actually works in stereo.

The problem I'm having is the trails switch - when it's on and the pedal is off I get no signal coming thru. Not a huge deal but annoying, I'll need to throw this inside a TB loop to make it usable.

Overall a cool reverse delay for $30, having it in a loop will keep me from stomping on it and may save it from breaking.

• Members

DD-100) Sounds like a digital delay, thats about all you can say about it.

UF-100) Great sounding flanger if you like it to be really wacked out to nice and think, but not so good for subtle flangers. I cant use it on guitar, it sticks out too much, but my bass player uses one, and it sounds really good on a bass, almost like a flanger and chorus mixed.

Tu-100) It tunes, takes a while to latch on to note, but it is precise.

Hellbabe) Good wah, especially for a modern wah sound, not much sweep, but apparently, you can mess with it and it sounds really good.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Iamtehcure View Post
EM600

The problem I'm having is the trails switch - when it's on and the pedal is off I get no signal coming thru. Not a huge deal but annoying, I'll need to throw this inside a TB loop to make it usable.
ha yeah, i noticed this too. you just need to turn the mix down. kinda annoying, but it really doesn't matter to me. for someone who uses reverse delay and trails on.. i can see how it's annoying wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rocket34bg View Post
ha yeah, i noticed this too. you just need to turn the mix down. kinda annoying, but it really doesn't matter to me. for someone who uses reverse delay and trails on.. i can see how it's annoying wink.gif
interesting, although it makes no sense. I'll try that.

Chances are it'll end up in a loop anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I bought, and subsequently sold, the Behringer SM200 Slow Motion pedal last week.

It was a nice little box ... I too was slightly impressed with the quality of the pedal. Mind you, it wasn't super well built and was still plastic, but I was expecting far worse. I think you could actually stomp on it for awhile before it'd break.

As far as the performance goes, I just don't think that style of effect is for me. I was hoping for a longer attack sustain ... but even with both knobs cranked it wasn't every long. I still like my volume pedal for swells... I don't know how true to the original the Slow Motion is (to the Slow Gear) but the swell time wasn't nearly as long as I was hoping for.

But alas, owning this pedal killed a couple birds for $20. I've often wondered what a Slow Gear-ish pedal would do.... and I've often wondered how cheap these Behringer knockoffs are. Mission accomplished.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rocket34bg

View Post

next weekend i plan on starting to work on youtube video reviews for all my behringer pedals + ones i've given to friends.. including: tremolo, dd400, dd600, vd400, harmonist/pitch shifter, acoustic di, electric guitar di, a/b switch, tuner, vibe, fx100, rotary machine, and echo machine

Be sure to post those here! I'm VERY interested to see what else they've got.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by schecterc1lh View Post

Hellbabe) Good wah, especially for a modern wah sound, not much sweep, but apparently, you can mess with it and it sounds really good.
The sweep is indeed rather restricted. There is a "fine" control which controls the high end of the sweep - but if you crank it all the way up, it still isn't quite enough for me (I like the top end to be really vicious.) It's possible this part of the pedal is moddable..

It has a boost function too, but as it stands the "wah on" sound is louder than the "wah off" sound anyway.

The variable Q and bottom end get a thumb.gif though, so that's 2 useful controls out of 4..icon_lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here are the ones ive had and still have and my thoughts on them

VD-1: Awful in every way, and the first one i had was wired wrong so when i put in a battery the battery got very hot instanataneously.

UV-300: Mine totally sucked, it was noisy and didnt sound too good

Noise Reducer: cant remember the product number but it basically did the opposite of reducing noise.

vt999: I love it, sounds great although i dont like the noise gate. Sound greatly improved with a better tube

Warp Factor: The best hi gain distortion ive ever used

Hell Babe: Crap. Crap build, crap sound, crap throw, crap features, crap packaging. Crap.

Slow Motion: pretty cool really, i agree with the above with the want for more sustain but still pretty cool

Spectrum enhancer: got it for $15 sold it for $10. The only redeeming feature is i could actually get money back from it.

Ultra Tremelo: ok, but not really stellar,sold it as well

Archived