Why are single true bypass loopers so expensive?

Marvel627

• Members

The ones from keeley and similar products ive seen are around 80 bucks or more! I am getting frustrated with my rig recently, my morley bh2 has a buffer which i think makes the sound brighter and thinner(even compared to a cable straight from the guitar to the amp).

Also, while im lovin my boosted x60b with my Ibanez, the cleans are really sterile and dull(although very good for jazz chords and lines, plus it may just be my aging sovtek crap tubes that came with the amp), i need me some fender or vox cleans. On that subject, anyone try the Vox Custom Classic Heads? They sound awesome from the samples ive heard.

• Members

That {censored}ing Japanese Apartment thing is such complete bull{censored}. Have you ever looked at the page for that? "YOU CAN HAVE TWO PEDAL PRESETS" blah blah propaganda dumb {censored}. It's the reason I will never, ever buy anything from keeley. That's taking advantage of people. What an asshole.

• Members

That {censored}ing Japanese Apartment thing is such complete bull{censored}. Have you ever looked at the page for that? "YOU CAN HAVE TWO PEDAL PRESETS" blah blah propaganda dumb {censored}. It's the reason I will never, ever buy anything from keeley. That's taking advantage of people. What an asshole.

wow, you're really passionate about that.

• Members

wow, you're really passionate about that.

I just think it's pretty lame that he does that. Of the boutique effects makers, Keeley is probably the most well known. We here at HCFX can say "oh, well, make your own" and provide instructions at how to do so. But probably 90%, if not more, of the Keeley patrons don't know about that, and they read all that propaganda, and say "oh, seems like you can do a lot with that!" when really, it takes an hour to build it and anyone with a soldering iron can do that. So, let's be Keeley and charge $85 for two LEDs and the Keeley logo slapped onto it. Add in some indubitably bad ethics, and there you have the Japanese Apartment.

• Members

I agree, all of his stuff is way overpriced although I do have one of the earlier time machine boost but I don't know if he was affiliated with those back then. If you go on the "forbidden forum" you can find schematics to his mods which you can do for all under 5 bucks. Not trying to be a jerk just saying and the man does got to feed his family.

EDIT- I shouldn't be talking because I really liked the keeley compressor that I played but no way I can pay $230 for it. Thank god for the people who sell them for $150 used.

Archived