Lace sensors...

Jbrazz

• Members

maybe post in the electric guitar forum or the fender page for a better answer... I am pretty sure Billy Corgan used a single red lace in the bridge position for Machina and other harder songs

hmm, ill check it out. thanks for the info, that might be a way to go.

• Members

there was a site that had a bunch of different pickups (i think they made their own too) and it had bridges and stuff, seemed really popular around here because it was given to me by several people.

anyone remember? i sure dont.

• Members
there was a site that had a bunch of different pickups (i think they made their own too) and it had bridges and stuff, seemed really popular around here because it was given to me by several people.

not sure if you want to go down the path of more options :D if you know what you liked, then get that... otherwise you will keep second guessing about lace pickups... trust me... been down that road :freak:

• Members
not sure if you want to go down the path of more options
:D
if you know what you liked, then get that... otherwise you will keep second guessing about lace pickups... trust me... been down that road
:freak:

no im trying to remember the sire, it had tele bridges for like $10.

im set on the lace sensors.

• Members

no im trying to remember the sire, it had tele bridges for like $10.

im set on the lace sensors.

you are thinking of my sig... no biggie... i get calls from singapore regarding DeArmond guitars that I sold 4 years ago because of my sig from internet searches...

• Members

Guitar fetish?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/

they stock a bunch of stuff and make GFS pickups.

• Members
I am pretty sure Billy Corgan used a single red lace in the bridge position for Machina and other harder songs

yeah, I was kind of in the same boat, jbrazz. I occasionally like to get really heavy, but then I remembered that corgan uses the red lace sensor for a lot of heavy, dirty sounds. I occasionally go heavier than that, but I figure they can handle it.

I'd actually just rather get the 2 singles then route out the space for the humbucker. but if you're willing to route out the space for the sound you want, more power to you. :thu:

let me know how you like them once you get everything figured out. I'm really excited.

$58 is a good price, but I'm looking around for $40-$45. I can wait.

• Members
yeah, I was kind of in the same boat, jbrazz. I occasionally like to get really heavy, but then I remembered that corgan uses the red lace sensor for a lot of heavy, dirty sounds. I occasionally go heavier than that, but I figure they can handle it.

I'd actually just rather get the 2 singles then route out the space for the humbucker. but if you're willing to route out the space for the sound you want, more power to you.
:thu:

let me know how you like them once you get everything figured out. I'm really excited.

$58 is a good price, but I'm looking around for $40-$45 :shrug: I can wait.

but in my head, if 1 red sounds high gain, 2 red together would just get way too muddy, like a big muff at max gain fed into another max gain big muff... woof woof

but I am not sure, so try the other forums and let me know what they say...

• Members

no, clean they sounded really nice. with the red and blue mixed.

the out put is almost twice that of a stock pickup.

plus im not sure how the tele plus was wired... if it has a different wiring, then the double red might sound muddy.

damn, now what?

• Members
no, clean they sounded really nice. with the red and blue mixed.

the out put is almost twice that of a stock pickup.

plus im not sure how the tele plus was wired... if it has a different wiring, then the double red might sound muddy.

damn, now what?

walk down to Wade's and ask them :lol: do you know where they are?

• Members
walk down to Wade's and ask them
:lol:
do you know where they are?

i might or just call them.

i think i might do just the single red. and if i find i need some more output, i can flip it and take my axe over to wades, i need to go down there anyway to do the pickguard.

• Members
i might or just call them.

i think i might do just the single red. and if i find i need some more output, i can flip it and take my axe over to wades, i need to go down there anyway to do the pickguard.

they are probably closed now [i need to leave work] but yeah call, ask if they have any used ones... they might... or at least they might have new ones for a good deal to avoid the shipping and wait time... $10 extra is worth it not to have to deal with ebay most of the time :thu:

• Members
but yeah call, ask if they have any used ones... they might... or at least they might have new ones for a good deal to avoid the shipping and wait time... $10 extra is worth it not to have to deal with ebay most of the time
:thu:

yeah, thanks again.

Archived