Keys to making a good pedal demo

• Members

Always show the box the pedal came in. If possible show how to open the box and go through any materials contained therein in full detail for the audience. Then you should discuss the various powering options of the pedal and take the time to inform the viewer of the jack sizes for said pedal. Only then should you discuss your rig and how you are mic'ing the amplifier. At this point it is permissible to demonstrate your clean tone and finally if there is any time left you may engage the pedal to see how it effects the signal.

• Members

Always show the box the pedal came in. If possible show how to open the box and go through any materials contained therein in full detail for the audience. Then you should discuss the various powering options of the pedal and take the time to inform the viewer of the jack sizes for said pedal. Only then should you discuss your rig and how you are mic'ing the amplifier. At this point it is permissible to demonstrate your clean tone and finally if there is any time left you may engage the pedal to see how it effects the signal.

*Process patented by Gaywire.com

• Members

I lol'd

• Members
not all of us have mics. i just turn up my amp since its in the same room.

I'm just saying....

You can get a dynamic mic from Nady for $10. Add $30, for a cheap mixer, and you will have spent less on usable recorded sound....than a cheap pedal to be shown off.

I didn't mean to be a dick.:)

It's just that....

A good sounding pedal deserves a good sounding video!

• Members
I'm just saying....

You can get a dynamic mic from Nady for $10. Add $30, for a cheap mixer, and you will have spent less on usable recorded sound....than a cheap pedal to be shown off.

I didn't mean to be a dick.
:)

It's just that....

A good sounding pedal deserves a good sounding video!

oohh no man, i didnt take it as a dick statement i was just saying if you know what i mean.

plus when if i did talk id just turn the volume on my guitar off so you could hear me, the web cam on my laptop is surprisingly good.

Archived