lol, 6.15 in the evening and they just said 'wankers' on the simpsons!!

melx

• Members
{censored} is pretty offensive over here too. i certainly wouldn't say it around female friends but
i don't swear much beyond {censored}, {censored}, bollox, twat, bastard, dickhead, wanker, prick

:lol: that's funny.

i don't swear much myself, and i really don't even like to hear the c word.

going back to the Simpsons/"wankers" thing, there's an episode of Friends where Chandler says "wank", and that's been broadcast before 8AM.
personally, i'm not bothered, but it is quite surprising given the amount of censoring that goes on in other shows.

• Members

update!!!

according to

http://english2american.com/dictionary/w.html#wank

it's:

wank v masturbate. wanker n one who masturbates. Quite a rude word in the UK - perhaps one notch worse than "{censored}wit" on the international offensiveness scale I've just invented. Interesting, therefore, that Adam Clayton of U2 managed to get away with using it in a Simpsons episode and that Phil Collins managed to use it in his 1984 Miami Vice cameo.

So yeah, according to this it's just worse than saying '{censored}wit' on the simpsons at 6.15pm. :lol:

so you can understand why I was a bit shocked!! :lol:

• Members
:lol:
that's funny.

i don't swear much myself, and i really don't even like to hear the c word.

going back to the Simpsons/"wankers" thing, there's an episode of Friends where Chandler says "wank", and that's been broadcast before 8
AM

personally, i'm not bothered, but it is quite surprising given the amount of censoring that goes on in other shows.

yeah, the most shocking thing is they are american shows, american TV is so much more censored, but they get away with stuff like this.....funny. :lol:

what does Chandler say? "see ya guys, I'm off for a wank!" :lol:

• Members
yeah, the most shocking thing is they are american shows, american TV is so much more censored, but they get away with stuff like this.....funny.

what does Chandler say? "see ya guys, I'm off for a wank!"

honestly, in the good ol' US, it's the equivilant of calling someone an idiot.

Archived