goatkeeper ver.2 slight update

tatoi

• Members
You're right. I've never played it, but I'm saying it's a great pedal just for what it is: an analog, rate-multiplying and sequenced trem with tap tempo.

how do you know it dosent sound like poo then? it is kinda weird you praising it and all........ usually you need to PLAY something before that takes place :freak:

just saying yo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
how do you know it dosent sound like poo then? it is kinda weird you praising it and all........ usually you need to PLAY something before that takes place
:freak:

just saying yo.

You're right, I can't know if it sounds like poo or not until it's in my hands. But I think that we can agree it's pretty damn unique.

• Members

How many pedals did they make the last run? I'm assuming they're making at least double this time due to the increase in demand. Just trying to estimate how long it'll be until its released since they're making the enclosures now.

• Members

been wanting one of these for a while, but not sure i could justify the extra money for the V2...decisions decisions, i just hope i'm not poor when the next run comes out :)

The V1 will be $299 and will be phased out. The V2 is supposed to be about $379 I believe.

• Members

I dont think its all that hyped. I would say something like a BJF pedal or a TS clone would be far more hyped. The only people that really talk about them are the people that dont have one.

oooh...add to the mystique!

Im waiting for a $1000 tremolo before I bite.

• Members

The pricing posted is accurate. Expanded model's price might change a little though.

The CV input is for an appropriate expression pedal or CV signal, from say the Moog pedals or modular system.

I am planning on phasing out the basic model because most likely the circuit boards will eventually be built by a contract manufacturer. It will be easier to build just one circuit board type. Initially, I'll be personally building them all, so it won't matter. If there isn't much demand for the expanded model, then the basic model will stay on.

Yes, it's taken way longer than I wanted for these to be released. I took the opportunity to add some things that I wanted, which resulted in some very significant changes. A large part of it is that I wrongly assumed it would be an easy transition from building a small number to building a couple hundred. This isn't the case at all and the parts costs associated with this project are not insignificant.

I'll check this thread periodically, so if you have any questions, please ask.

• Members

Yes, it's taken way longer than I wanted for these to be released. I took the opportunity to add some things that I wanted, which resulted in some very significant changes.

Is this specifically referring to the expanded version, or the basic version too? If both, what are some of those changes?

• Members

Is this specifically referring to the expanded version, or the basic version too? If both, what are some of those changes?

It refers to the new features in the expanded version and also refers some design changes common in both... the gain control element was switched for a nicer part, mechanical bypass switch replaced with a relay, the Hammond DD replaced with a custom made enclosure, the whole thing designed to assemble faster (except for the circuit board, which will be slower since there are more parts).

• Members

What is the estimated delivery on these at this point? A few more weeks or still hard to say?

Hard to say, but a minimum of two months. The enclosures themselves will probably be 3 weeks. Then I want to send prototype units for what will hopefully be a very quick test period. After that, I'll order pcbs with lead time between 1 and 4 weeks. Then a few weeks to build up an initial run.

• Members

Thanks for popping in with an update.

A couple quick questions:

These won't be crazy limited like the first run, correct? Also, will they mostly be distributed by Analogue Haven?

You mentioned a relay system. Will it be soft switches ala Cusack pedals?

Archived