Modding volume pedal.

Doodleface

• Members

I want to mod my volume pedal so that I will have a drop in ONLY volume, not loss of gain. I can only assume that this requires the removal of a capacitator

It's an Ernie Ball 6166

I took out the electronic parts, but I can't seem to find a capacitator anywhere!

Help please.

• Members

What exactly do you mean by "no loss of gain"? If you want your tone to stay distorted when the volume pedal is set to low volume, you should place it after dirt pedals, or in the loop if you use amp distortion.

• Members

Sorry for being confusing.

I don't use any pedals (other than the volume pedal of course)

By loss of gain I mean distortion.

I'm sure you all know that when you turn the volume knob down on most guitars your volume will decrease and your level of distortion will decrease too. The volume pedal creates the same effect, and I want to get RID OF IT. Can you please tell me how?

• Members

Sorry for being confusing.

I don't use any pedals (other than the volume pedal of course)

By loss of gain I mean distortion.

I'm sure you all know that when you turn the volume knob down on most guitars your volume will decrease and your level of distortion will decrease too. The volume pedal creates the same effect, and I want to get RID OF IT. Can you please tell me how?

The only way to avoid loss in distortion is to put the volume pedal after the distortion. If your amp does not have an effects loop the only option left is to get a distortion pedal and put the volume pedal between the distortion and the amp. But believe me, there's a lot of great overdrive/distortion pedals out there.... ;)

Archived