I'm having a Vibe crisis...

• Members

For a couple of years I have love the Provibe in my Captain Coconut 2. I recently got my Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 fixed and the vibe sounds are perfect. I hate to say this, but I like the sound better than the Provibe. The problem is, I don't want to get rid of either. I put a 220V transformer in the DV2 with the intent to sell it here in the UK, but it just has that "magical" sound to it. I think I'm going to sell the DV2 because we are leaving the UK next year and I won't be able to use it anyways, but I feel like I'm going to miss the hell out of it. What should I do?

• Members

For a couple of years I have love the Provibe in my Captain Coconut 2. I recently got my Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 fixed and the vibe sounds are perfect. I hate to say this, but I like the sound better than the Provibe. The problem is, I don't want to get rid of either. I put a 220V transformer in the DV2 with the intent to sell it here in the UK, but it just has that "magical" sound to it. I think I'm going to sell the DV2 because we are leaving the UK next year and I won't be able to use it anyways, but I feel like I'm going to miss the hell out of it. What should I do?

Lovepedal Vibe... check out the new Youtube vids. Wow.

• Members

Keep the CC2. It's a better investment...

I don't want to sound like an a$$hole by saying this. All that I mean is it is now worth a lot more money than a DV2. You could likely afford a DV2 in the States easier than the CC2 if you decide down the road you want both again.

• Members

Foxrox all the way!!!!!!!!! I have a gold Deja.....plus some other vibe rips.....but the Coconut I borrowed to record with last year still haunts my dreams........I have tweaked that trimpot in my deja all day long and still haven't come near what that provibe could do........you could sell the deja and get fox's new Aquavibe!!

• Members

volume 4'oclock

width 10'oclock

center 11' o clock

speed 10 o clock

Hey Kabong, Thanks for those settings. I re-attacked the vibes today. Your center position was the key to getting what I wanted to hear. I am using an exp pedal, so the speed wasn't an issue. Where you have the Center position gives that slightly off balance pulse that I was looking for. I had it at about 1:00 instead of 11:00 and I didn't realize it was pulsing in the wrong direction, if you know what I mean. I was also running the level lower. I had the width in about the same place, but there is a definite sweet spot right around 10:30/11:00. The Provibe definitely got a better run through when A/B'd with the DV2. When my amp is pushed harder and/or I am running any dirt/OD/Fuzz into them the Provibe really shines through. The DV2 sounds EXTREMELY sweet, but can get a little knifey in the high registers. The Provibe runs bassy until it is pushed, then it tends to even out and really shine. Don't get me wrong, I still love the sound of the DV2 and for "modern vibe tones" it is great. I don't feel so bad about selling it now though. Thanks man!

• Members

glad i could be of some help fwiw i do find myself missing the Deja vibe 2 a lot lately its really kind of funny. I had the distortion side of my fulltone gt500 (i think trower uses one now) pushing the provibe the other night and it was really sweet causing me to do trower faces at some points.