Is there a pedal that cuts off your pick attack, then swells the volume?

AaronF

• Members

I know that you don't want to hear it, but I go to a volume pedal (EB mono) when I want to do that. My Line 6 DL4 (and the POD) have that setting, but it's too tight for me. Good for goofing around, but controlling the swell mechanically gets better results.

2 cents.

Yeah, I do use a volume pedal quite a bit actually (big Knophler fan). This is just to ad a little different type of swells. I think the difference between the volume pedal and an automatic swell that you don't like is the same thing that I actually like! Both are cool, just looking to have both flavors.

The Behringer looks interesting. Only a few bucks too.

• Members

I actually have a "defretter" in my Roland VS840EX multitrack recorder, that cuts off the attack of the sound. I use it for Mellotron type sounds, but it works great on guitar, too....it's supposed to give an attack-less defretted sound like on a fretless bass or guitar, but if you mess around with the effect, it really chops off the attack of the sound.

• Members

Sometimes you may want that kind of sound but be playing something for which the pinky-on-vol-knob trick or a volume pedal is impractical. You might be using the foot that would have been on the vol. pedal on a wah instead or an expression pedal controlling another effect. You might be playing too fast for use of a pedal/knob to be practical. You might be a fingerpicker or hybrid picker who can't spare the pinky because your part of the song or the piece you are playing requires the pinky to actually play a string.

• Members

Sometimes you may want that kind of sound but be playing something for which the pinky-on-vol-knob trick or a volume pedal is impractical. You might be using the foot that would have been on the vol. pedal on a wah instead or an expression pedal controlling another effect. You might be playing too fast for use of a pedal/knob to be practical. You might be a fingerpicker or hybrid picker who can't spare the pinky because your part of the song or the piece you are playing requires the pinky to actually play a string.

...or you might want to be back by your amp swigging beer rather than standing up front by your board...

Archived