Is there a pedal that cuts off your pick attack, then swells the volume?

AaronF

• Members

I know Line 6 had an effect like this built into some of their products (I think they referred to it as "swell"), but I'm looking for a standalone pedal that can do this. I know people are going to say "VOLUME PEDAL," but that really isn't what I am going for. Something that swells more consistently and only cuts off the pick attack. Any ideas?

• Members

Oooooh, some pretty cool options here. I didn't know I would have this much to pick from.

How often are you going to use that effect? That's what I would base the decision on. If you're only using it for one song intro during a set, I would go for something that does more than just that fer sure.

• Members

eh_attackdecay_001.jpgboss_sg-1_001.jpg

You're not going to find one of these for less than about $400 these days, if you're lucky to find them at all. Also, they are monophonic. I would love to have both to satisfy the collector in me, and I'm sure they sound great, but probably not the most practical purchases.

Yeah--that's the thing. I don't think that for how much i'd use them (as a flavour), that it would be worth it. How's the Guyatone Slow Volume?

• Members

Yeah--that's the thing. I don't think that for how much i'd use them (as a flavour), that it would be worth it. How's the Guyatone Slow Volume?

it's ok...i haven't used any other volume swell pedal so i don't have anything to compare it to. simple operation, 2 knobs, does exactly that cuts picking and swells volume.:)

• Members

I know that you don't want to hear it, but I go to a volume pedal (EB mono) when I want to do that. My Line 6 DL4 (and the POD) have that setting, but it's too tight for me. Good for goofing around, but controlling the swell mechanically gets better results.

2 cents.

Archived