what does the dd20 have that the dl4 doesnt?

indigo111

• Members

which footswitch is this?

and which did you guys mean by "sounds bad" ?

The DD 20 is just really boring sounding. Most of the more "extreme" features just sound really artificial or cheesy. It's a passable sounding delay with lots of features, some of which are pretty cool.

• Members

the dd-20 preserves your original guitar tone a little better... while the dl-4 has better sounding delays (although the digital delays are pretty much equal IMHO). the biggest thing i miss from the dl-4 is the analog w/ modulation preset - so sweet, but the tone is definitely clearer and punchier through the dd-20. if i were you though, i'd invest in the keeley mod ($120) and maybe an mxr carbon copy ($150).

• Members

there is no tap tempo installed...you can attach a switch for this feature though.

The DD-20 does have tap tempo. Just hold the right footswitch down for a few seconds and it switches from preset mode to tap tempo mode. Having a separate footswitch is beneficial but not necessary for tap tempo.

• Members

the biggest difference for me with the dd20 (i own both dl4 and dd20) is the ability to have different subdivisions of tapping (dotted eights!). i use an external tap tempo switch, so its pretty simple even live. i know the dl4 has a few on the rhythmic setting, but there's more of them on the dd20. i use dotted eights allllllllllllot so its really useful.

• Members

which footswitch is this?

and which did you guys mean by "sounds bad" ?

I think the BOSS FS-5 or 6 is the "name brand". It's just a momentary switch. You can make your own or some of us here make them (see my sig if you're interested). W/ the dd-20 the right switch will EITHER let you scroll trhough the settings OR (after holding it down for 2 seconds) use it to set the tempo. w/ an external tap tempo switch, you can have both - the TT will do that and the right FS on the pedal will allow you to scroll through the settings.

• Members

one thing i really dont like is that if you have a delay stored, it stores the tempo also.

so turning your delay off means losing the tempo you had going, while with the dd20 you can just bypass.

but with the dl-4, it only takes two taps on tap tempo

Archived