$ for just a looper worth it over a SMMH or Headrush with looper?

rinkrat6821

• Members

I was thinking about getting the rc-2 looper, but I can get the stereo memory man or headrush for about the same price and it has a thirty second looper(more than enough) plus great delay. I don't look a ridiculous amount but I do need it for parts. So basically, whats the advantage of having just a set looper over a delay with a good looper when its the same amount of dough?

• Members

It depends on what you want from it. The SMMH's looper is great. It is my favorite part of it. Personally I couldn't jive with the RC-2 because it can't do the cool pitch shifting and reverse like the SMMH looper can. However the RC-2 has better hands free control and longer looping time.

They've both got their advantages.

If you really want to get into looping hardcore neither one is your best choice really.

• Members

It depends on what you want from it. The SMMH's looper is great. It is my favorite part of it. Personally I couldn't jive with the RC-2 because it can't do the cool pitch shifting and reverse like the SMMH looper can. However the RC-2 has better hands free control and longer looping time.

If you really want to get into looping hardcore neither one is your best choice really.

Ya, the RC-2 is probably what I need. I wouldn't use the reverse very much with my band. I could record parts with different instruments and audio intros from our EP and use it live.

• Members

no experience with any of the loopers mentioned earlier, but i'd go with a stereo memory man with hazarai personally.

it's so cool that you can actually control the tempo and pitch of what's recorded in the loop. plus reverse which neither headrush nor rc-2 can do.

• Members

If pre-recorded stuff is what you're looking for than the rc-2 is your pedal for sure... It retains phrases after you turn off the power..

If that is what you're looking for then why compare it to the SMMH, which is an onslaught of delays, which can be looped at any time, but isn't a "pre-recorded sound" pedal.

• Members

+1

The SMMH has more options, but no loop storage.

Archived