I got my DMM today...

whoismilan

• Members

I know the DMM XO is just about to become available, but I didn't care, as I have no trouble with space. I've never even seen a DMM before, but I had a pretty good idea on what it's size is from pictures I've seen.

As I inspected the box, to find out how you open it and get to the manual, warranty card, and product lineup advertisements, I was rather surprised at the small size of the box:

img0299vh8.jpg

I later found the reason for this:

img0300ql7.jpg

I got it from Thomann, and they don't have the XO on their website (at least not the Finnish site), so I'm sure that I did order the normal one. :cop:

... not that I'm going to complain or anything... :thu:

img0301bv5.jpg

EDIT: I realized that someone might want to see a picture of the insides, it'll be up in a sec.

• Members

That obvious I was doing a Gearwire guy impression at the start, huh? :p

I'll try to get some decent clips up either tomorrow or the weekend, I don't have time to play any more today than to test that it's working. Damnit, of all the days I could have my birthday on, it had to be on the same day I got my DMM. :mad:

Where to get?

I got mine from Thomann, but I guess others will start shipping them soon also.

Gut shot, btw:

img0309ml7.th.jpg

• Members

Seven trimpots?!?? Seven trimpots??!?! You wait until Howard Davis sees that!

So did you actually want an original one? I'm a bit like you. I would have ben annoyed, but not enough to send it back. Especially if they're the same price. Or you paid for an XO one.

• Members
I wonder if they are using a different delay chip thing since they were supposedly running out of the one they used in the regular version.

It would be perfect except for the jacks on the side instead of the back
:cry:

+1

• Members
I wonder if they are using a different delay chip thing since they were supposedly running out of the one they used in the regular version.

:cry:

That was exactly my thoughts. The original DMM was probably the warmest sounding analog delay there is and it has alot to do with that famous delay chip.

• Members
That obvious I was doing a Gearwire guy impression at the start, huh?
:p

I'll try to get some decent clips up either tomorrow or the weekend, I don't have time to play any more today than to test that it's working. Damnit, of all the days I could have my birthday on, it had to be on the same day I got my DMM.
:mad:

I got mine from
Thomann
, but I guess others will start shipping them soon also.

Gut shot, btw:

img0309ml7.th.jpg

Thanks

• Members

So did you actually want an original one? I'm a bit like you. I would have ben annoyed, but not enough to send it back. Especially if they're the same price. Or you paid for an XO one.

That's exactly how I felt as well, a little bit annoyed but since I don't have anything to complain about how it sounds so far, I'm keeping it. The thing I don't like, and which also was part of the reason I ordered the older one while they still had them (or so I thought), is that the knobs are a bit close to each other.

I paid for the older one, and I've sent a mail to Thomann where I explain what's happened, so that they'll update their website (...and just in case the XO is supposed to be cheaper than what I paid).

I haven't played with it much and won't until tomorrow, but so far it sounds as I expected it to.

The knob labeled CHRS/VIBR is like the chorus-vibrato switch on the normal one. The depth knob is now like the normal one's chorus-vibrato knob.

Archived