Ebay question

• Members

Those are other sellers. They want to see if it actually sells at the price you've listed it at.

A good percentage of watchers are always other sellers keeping tabs on the market.

Are you serious? Why not just check completed items before you post an auction? That's what I do.

• Members

Are you serious? Why not just check completed items before you post an auction? That's what I do.

Not quite sure.

The question about watchers who don't bid or buy comes up all the time on the "Sellers Central" forum on eBay. The response they always give is that other sellers are watching their auction. Some of the sellers even admit that they do this.

Maybe they're waiting for the number of similar items to drop below some threshold before they list their own item.

• Members

i admit that sometimes i do that to see the value of something that i have to see if i'm willing to sell it. many a pedals have gone through my board because the ebay demand for them raised. i found out by watching other peoples auctions, than posting myne on 3 day afterwards. sometimes i would pull a profit of $20-$30 on a used pedal! so it can be smart, but it takes time to search all the forums and stuff..

• Members

I quite often will watch things, even fixed-price auctions or stupidly priced things, so that it shows up in My Ebay to remind me that it caught my eye. I'll use these reminders in months down the road to remind me what I was interested in buying, when I actually have the money to do so :)

Archived