ac30 light od

Jbrazz

• Members

i love the tube drive of the ac30, but i play clean mosltly.

im starting to get turned off by the sd-1, maybe because its buffered.

i need a light od( i have the rat for my medium to heavy stuff)

it has to resemble that tube overdrive from ac30's and nothing over $150.

no TS's.

• Members

bad monkey...seriously.

I can set that up so it hardly sounds like it's on. it just adds a nice bit of light overdrive so it doesn't sound totally clean. It works into my ecc83/el84 laney so it should be cracking into a Vox too.

I know it's green, not TB, bootike, or nice to look at, but it sounds damn good.

• Members

bad monkey...seriously.

I can set that up so it hardly sounds like it's on. it just adds a nice bit of light overdrive so it doesn't sound totally clean. It works into my ecc83/el84 laney so it should be cracking into a Vox too.

I know it's green, not TB, bootike, or nice to look at, but it sounds damn good.

i didnt like it. its like a mix between the sd and ts.

just not a fan and i should say i would like a light to medium od.

and i would really like something that i can stack with my rat too.

• Members

the double muff can go really light, especially on single muff mode, its much more of an overdrive than a fuzz and even though it can be used for mediam gain stuff its not really like a big muff.

no.

• Members

Xotic AC Booster.

With AC style amps, as I am finding out, most dirt pedals don't sound that great, because most of them are too midrangy for and already mid-heavy amp. Things like Tube Screamers sound great through Fender amps because Fender amps tend to have a little bit of a scooped clean sound. Things can easily turn muddy with an AC style amp if the pedal you are overdriving it with has too much midrange.

The BD-2 ain't bad either for AC30s. Pretty transparent boost with a touch of dirt. I just like the AC booster better because of the EQ it offers.

• Members

used menatone TBIAC

I heard that pedal used through an AC30 and really didn't like it. It sounded like it was meant to transform a bit beefier of an amp (say Marshall or Fender) into a bright and chimey AC30. When I heard it used with an AC30 it took the amp from bright, to brittle and icepicky. It sounded DAMN FINE through a Fender Twin Reverb. Great pedal.

• Members

Dude, you already have a Singing Tree boost. Set it up to hit the front end and get some light overdrive. You won't be able to find anything else that is more AC30ish in character than an AC30 being boosted.

C'mon now.

• Members

I'm liking the ac booster.

And I love the overdrive from the singing tree, but most of the time I'm playing clean, and that's too much of a volume jump.

Gotcha. So you need a boost pedal with a gain and level controls.

Check this out, $150.

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=zr9FlQAA1209160272&uzc=&command=link--ngboa

Also if you've ever played a Super Duper 2-in-1, forumite dap99 can probably make you a clone. He's building me a 2-in-1 clone, I'm after the same thing as you and will be using it with an AC30. When I get it I'll let you know how it is, he can probably hook you up with the same thing for a good price.

Archived