Tell me about the EHX #1 Echo...

JRBain

• Members

I can't find a whole lot on this one. How is it? I like good digital delay. Reasonable delay times and a short feedback that's nonetheless 'strong' (not decaying into nothing instantly - Just a couple of strong repeats, if that makes any sense to anyone)

Any thoughts? Cheers dudes :cool:

:thu:

• Members

I can tell you that I HATED it.

I could never get it to unity volume and I just wasn't keen on the way it sounded.

I prefer my DD-3 a lot more.

Cool, thanks dude. I'm not sure I'm entirely impressed with it now. I was interested because of the price...

• Members

Dare I say, Ibanez DE-7??

:cop:

To properly address your point, I have considered it. I was just interested in the EHX because I know little of it, and don't know of anyone that uses it, and it's a fairly decent price for what is notionally (according to the specs on paper from EHX), a good unit.

• Members
To properly address your point, I have considered it. I was just interested in the EHX because I know little of it, and don't know of anyone that uses it, and it's a fairly decent price for what is notionally (according to the specs on paper from EHX), a good unit.

it is not bad, things i dislike about it are the volume drop (the main annoyance really) and the useful delay times are very close meaning they can be difficult to dial in.

what i do like is that (apart from the volume drop) it does sound nice and quite organic, it is cheap, it comes with power supply.

i am thinking about upgrading to an eventide timefactor in the future though. but overall i'd give the EH 7/10.

• Members

I prefer the Dan-Echo. Great pedal, doesn't get nearly enough love. It's supposed to be a tape echo sim, but I didn't know that when I bought it. I just knew it sounded really good, warm but with the clarity I look for in a good digital delay, and the hi-cut and feedback controls let you really dial in the "analogness" of the sound too.

This is not the FAB Echo. Some people like the FAB pedals, I think they're cheap for a very good reason, personally...

Archived