This stuff is expensive...

BlackCustom

• Members

I am finishing up my board, and I took a quick look to see how much I have in it. I decided to stop when I got to $1k, but geeze, you can drop $100 in cabling without too much effort.

The board acutally cost more than anything I plug it into...:freak:

I'm having a lot of fun these days playing, but I'm just sayin'

Board2dot0.jpg

• Members

I don't even think i want to know how much my board is worth. I mean i got some deals on most of it.

PP2+ - 100

FF - 170

Hotcake - 150

Rat - 65

Timmy - 105

EB VP - 70

DD3 - 60

RV3 - 130

Cables.. lol, probably 110 invested in.

And thats not including all my other pedals and their cables and board.

And then the Pedal train was bought new.

Also i have a small stone that i just got for 55.

And then i want to add a tremulus lune.

• Members

Expensive indeed.

I never bought into the custom cable thing, with the exception of a set of planet waves.. needed a custom length to run to my speed controller for my Voodoo Vibe.

My boards have always been homebrew as well. Usually plywood and carpet however, due to recent developments (equipment my shop purchased,) I have the ability to easily weld aluminum now and yeah... Look for something incredibly cool on LoneStar's floor in a month or so. :D

• Members

I notice you have quite a few clones...Fuzz Factory, Box of Rock, maybe a SHO & Mammoth? Nice.
:thu:

The SHO has a dick engraved on it. That is awesome. I like those enclosures though, the Box of Rock one is very Daft Punk.

• Members

my whole fx rig:

pedalboard that goes in front of any of my amps:

$1200 + tax without the power supply that I will buy next week

processor and rack tuner and power supply that goes with my mesa rig:

$700 + tax

:cry:

it adds up, but music is my vice, I dont drink, smoke, etc.... this is where I get to spend and have fun.... just dont do the spending all at once :freak:

• Members

i see it a bit different: expensive compared to what?

eg. for drummers, you can't get a cymbal under 500$, a great drumkit is easily over 5000$ and they also have gas

or if you go into studio and recording equipment... omg

or not music related, what do you spend for your car? or what costs a member ship in a golf club, or what do surf boards cost etc...

from this point of view guitar playing is not that expensive. just be sure that what you spent is a good investment and don't save at the wrong places

• Members

i see it a bit different:
expensive compared to what?

eg. for drummers, you can't get a cymbal under 500$, a great drumkit is easily over 5000$ and they also have gas

or if you go into studio and recording equipment... omg

or not music related, what do you spend for your car? or what costs a member ship in a golf club, or what do surf boards cost etc...

from this point of view guitar playing is not that expensive. just be sure that what you spent is a good investment and don't save at the wrong places

Exactly... Perspective :idea:

Archived