So, what do YOU GUYS do on the weekend?

seifukusha

• Members

Ive spent the morning and most of the afternoon on me notebook, downloading blog stuff and hitting teh forums..I have been at a outdoor cafe slurping down ice lattes..charmed life, fo' sure:poke: and I was wondering how most other guys here spend their work-off time, weekend...I mean, not just playing, but what else do you all do to fill your time?

j

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually went with a friend to their holiday home. Spent all day yesterday watching Coronation Street and Hot Fuzz as outside was cold and misty (its a mountain house). Came home early as her dad had an accident containing a lawn mower, barbed wire and his hand:freak:

Most weekends contain of the forum posting etc. Normally just hang with mates and stuff, sometimes go to local shows. But mostly staying at home playing music of some sort.

• Members

Weekends I spend doing a lot of mountain biking, plenty of good hills and trails a 10-15 min ride from my house. I do a bit of surfing too, depending upon the wind conditions.

Other thant the fun stuff it's building work around the house (doing it up gradually), playing guitar + fiddling with effects and some recording.

Almost forgot - spending time with the wife i between all the other stuff.

• Members

friday night dinner and cinema with gf

saturday morning doing mixing work for one of our demo songs

shopping in the afternoon food and stuff

playin a bit on the computer

night meeting friends for a drink and some billiard

now had been mixing again

waiting for the start of the f1 gp

doing laundry

makeing some food

later on rehearsal with the band

• Members

Here's how my weekend goes just about every week -

Saturday - work 9-3 (I'm in college full time so I have to :cry:)

4-6 practice worship songs at my church

6-6:45 play music for saturday church service, then hang out w/ friends, go out to eat, the movies, go in to the city for coffee, or watch a sox game.

Sunday I have practice and church again 8:45-12, go out to lunch, then veg, take a nap, and go back to church again at 4:30 for another practice and a sunday evening service, then go home and crash.

• Members

Not necessarily in this order...

- Drink lots of coffee
- Watch the political pundits on Sunday morning and take all of my agression out on them (ala The Two Minutes Hate)
- Hang out with the Mrs.
- Play with the cats
- Take care of stuff around the house
- Play my guitar
- Cruise the Forums

• Members

Not necessarily in this order...

- Drink lots of coffee

- Watch the political pundits on Sunday morning and take all of my agression out on them (ala The Two Minutes Hate)

- Hang out with the Mrs.

- Play with the cats

- Take care of stuff around the house

- Play my guitar

- Cruise the Forums

That is pretty much what I do. Add a dog with the cats and thats it.

• Members

Erm well, this weekend:

Friday evening visit friend who lives down the road, drink tea, listen to Radiohead, Polly Harvey and some electronica stuff that sounds like throwing kitchen utensils down some stairs. Chat about his trip to Rome.

(think about buying pedals)

Saturday. Get up late, then me and the girlfriend faff about on our Macs on the internet for a bit then head out to sit outside at the nice pub down the road in the sun - a rare event so far this year as it's rained since last April.

Go visit my parents and their cat. Come home & watch Dr Who. Never quite manage to pick up a guitar. Watch Family Guy.

Today (Sunday), who knows, haven't ventured far from bed yet. But hey, if you can't be lazy at the weekends then when can you.

• Members
Erm well, this weekend:

Friday evening visit friend who lives down the road, drink tea, listen to Radiohead, Polly Harvey and some electronica stuff that sounds like throwing kitchen utensils down some stairs. Chat about his trip to Rome.

Saturday. Get up late, then me and the girlfriend faff about on our Macs on the internet for a bit then head out to sit outside at the nice pub down the road in the sun - a rare event so far this year as it's rained since
last
April.

Go visit my parents and their cat. Come home & watch Dr Who. Never quite manage to pick up a guitar. Watch Family Guy.

Today (Sunday), who knows, haven't ventured far from bed yet. But hey, if you can't be lazy at the weekends then when can you.

Can't believe you haven't thought about buying pedals today :cop:

• Members

Ive spent the morning and most of the afternoon on me notebook, downloading blog stuff and hitting teh forums..I have been at a outdoor cafe slurping down ice lattes..charmed life, fo' sure:poke: and I was wondering how most other guys here spend their work-off time, weekend...I mean, not just playing, but what else do you all do to fill your time?

j

sei, i work weekends.

i hate life. seriously. i just finished teaching 24 lessons in 2 days. it sucked.

• Members

ive actually been really sick since thursday. :cry: i honestly thought i was gonna die for a little while, im still pretty sick. and i have to type a 5 page(minimum) thesis on John Cage's prepared piano methods. also, work and sculpting has been taking a lot of my time.

• Members
ive actually been really sick since thursday.
:cry:
i honestly thought i was gonna die for a little while, im still pretty sick. and i have to type a 5 page(minimum) thesis on John Cage's prepared piano methods. also, work and sculpting has been taking a lot of my time.

FIVE PAGE thesis? :freak:

Most theses I know of are about 500 pages.

• Members

playing my guitar in my underwear.
Playing and/or watching hockey is a good time, eh?
Using toilet paper for an alternate purpose in which its intended.
hustling the 15year old down at the bball court.

...maybe next weekend ill read a book

• Members

friday - after work and party at my house with workfriends, went out afterwards but couldnt get into the venue cause the securityguards were gay

saturday - since my kids where at my mums place i went to a friends house and played videogames the 4 of us.....drank beer, champagne, wine and ate pizza and hamburgers... YAY !

sunday - took my youngest daughter ellen with me and picked up my newly pro-fret jobbed and plek-ed jazzmaster -62....now this guitar is outstanding !
ate two hamburgers - pickued up my gf and other daughter at the garden-shop cause they had to buy flowers etc for our backyard.....now im just relaxing...watching tennis on tv.

• Members
FIVE PAGE thesis?
:freak:

Most theses I know of are about 500 pages.

i know, i know, ive been complaining about it for weeks now, but you're right!
im just such a scatterbrain, i can hardly even remember my own guitar parts i write, much less write a paper about someone else's work.

Archived