Reasonably priced pedal tuner good enough for setup/intonation?

iodine74

• Members

Like the title says. Just looking for some recommendations for a pedal tuner good enough to do setups with. I don't need the most elaborate thing in the world since I'm essentially a bedroom player/recorder. Don't want to pay a whole lot for that same reason.

• Members

If your just going to use it for setups then why not get a cheap chromatic tunner or $30?

Since it's for setups here probably wants it to be precise.

The turbo tuner is coming out in a pedal form soon. There's a thread at TGP on it.

• Members

Zachman is right... I should have prefaced price there. Looking to stay under $150. Pretty sad that I've been playing for almost 20 years and haven't done my own setups at all... still have a guitar or two that really needs them (then again since at the moment I'm a bedroom player it's not THAT big an issue).

I guess maybe the better question is, what's the determining factor in whether a tuner is accurate enough for setups?

If I can stay in that price point and get a decent pedal tuner, as well as a separate one for setups, I'd be happy as well. Right now I have a 10+ year old Korg Dt-2 that I tend to misplace.

• Members

I've been eying the korg... is it really accurate enough for setups... can anyone vouch for this? What about the Ibanez one that some people like? What about that no-name secret-weapon eBay tuner that someone was pimping? Are any of these good for setups?

• Members

New info Turbo-Tuner just put on their web site. Pictures of the new stomp box version and list of features. Nice and compact looking!

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/index.htm

Forget Boss. Korg etc... Turbo-Tuner is the best thing I ever used. And I've been using it for a year. If this thing is anything like the handheld model, move over Strobostomp. This thing has great appeal. It's The only true strobe tuner of it's size. The only thing as accurate is a full size strobe tuner.

Archived