My DL4 is on it's last leg me thinks..............?

HMCMedic

• Members

So I had it just go dead a couple times over the years (while in loop mode) and I did the pull the chip, put it back trick and it continued to function perfectly. It's been over a year and a half since I last had to do that.

Last night I plugged everything in and was getting a HUGE HISS, I mean like the end of the world white noise, but the underlying delays could still be heard (barely)

I took everything out of the chain, hoping it was something else but nope:(

I swapped out cables, guitars:blah:

I think it's done for this time:cry:

My problem is this:

I have come to depend on having 2 or 3 delays and having the ability to do looping with 2 at a time. My other looper/delay is a SMMHazi. Do I try another DL4? Another SMMw/Haz or what?

• Members

Hey man..that's a tought decision. I went and tried out the stereo memory man today and I was fairly dissapointed compared to my deluxe memory man. The SMM is kind of tiny sounding and much more trebley compared to the warmth of my DMM. I wouldn't buy one now that I have tried it. I have a Dl4 that crapped out. How do you take the chip out and put it back in and where is this chip?? If you could give me instructions that would be awesome. I really liked my dl4 until it gave out the day of a recording so I went with the DMM. I say I like the DMM better but the versatility of the dl4 is good. I'd take another dl4 over the SMM even though it can be unreliable. Just my two cents though and my opinion.

Archived