Effects advice

• Members

Hi, I need some recomendations for new pedals. I play shred metal and some prog with a Parker Fly Deluxe. I need a dual stage distortion [iE: It has a built in boost], a nice delay, a lush sounding chorus and if anyone has any other ideas, that'd be great. I will have about $600 CDN to spend. I don't really want to go all boutique but some would be ok.

• Members

box of rocks + de7 seems like good advice.

id also consider metal muff + dd-3 (if you want something basic, i like more features in delay)

as for chorus i cant say i've tried a chorus pedal that ive been fully satisfied with or would consider lush. i used to have a ce-5 that sounded like it could work well for "shredmetal" but i personally didn't consider it lush. maybe a light phase would be cool, too.

• Members
box of rocks + de7 seems like good advice.

id also consider metal muff + dd-3 (if you want something basic, i like more features in delay)

as for chorus i cant say i've tried a chorus pedal that ive been fully satisfied with or would consider lush. i used to have a ce-5 that sounded like it could work well for "shredmetal" but i personally didn't consider it lush. maybe a light phase would be cool, too.

Is there anywhere that I could try out a Box Of Rock in Halifax NS, Canada?

• Members

How about the Jeykll & Hyde + the H20? It's only about $350ish for both of them.

that sounds expensive for those 2 pedals.

i saw a Jeykll & Hyde at a pawn shop recently for 40 bucks(US) and i havent heard much good about the H20.

Archived