Thoughts on MXR Stereo Chorus???

kidder

• Members

I have been using a Boss CE-5 for about 2 years now and am in the market for a new chorus pedal. I have heard some great things about the MXR Stereo Chorus. Has anyone else tried this pedal out, i hope to get down to the store this week and try one. Are there any others that I should consider. From what I understand this pedal is analog and analog pedals seem to get better reviews. Thoughts and opinions.

• Members

i had one for a while, but it didn't really do anything for me. the filter is a nice idea that kind of worked (i would have liked more seperation to be honest), but i was constantly tweaking the others to no avail.

that says as much about my dislike of chorus as the pedal itself, but i've heard better chorus pedals (arion SFL-1, Small Clone, Carl Martin Classic chorus) that get me closer to the sound i want from chorus.

i've found it similar with other fx pedal types where its not the knobs and amount of control that make the pedal. a simple one/two knob phaser tremolo etc that sounds 'right' to start with often wins the battle.

i wouldn't recommend buying ne blind (or deaf i suppose!), but just test it thoroughly and don't presume the range of controls means you'll find the right sound for you.. it just varied the inherent sound for me..

Archived