Does an upgrade to a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II really make a noticeable difference?

rinkrat6821

• Members

I know that they are most reliable for insuring that your pedals are powered safely and most effectively, but do they make your setup sound better? I currently have a one spot and was thinking about upgrading to a PP2. My chain will look something like this

boss tuner--> wah --> fuzz factory--> barber ltd--> keeley blues driver--> small box rat--> NYC big muff--> DMM--> 72' twin reverb (I will have a boss rc-20xl soon as well)

Thanks alot, Cody

• Members

If you don't have any sound issues now, then I don't think it is really worth the effort and money.

Yup. If you dont have any noise then dont bother. You might need a boss adapter for the RC-20XL because my RC-2 makes a hiss if its daisy chained.

• Members

I've got one on the way from Ebay, i got it because i had a 1spot and other pedals that needed their own supplies (i.e. whammy, moog, etc...) and also to silence my signal.

I also want my pedals to last so i figured a good, clean power supply would definetly help. Also, this was my last purchase for my board.

• Members

i had a lot of noise before my pedal power2+, daisy chain 2 power supplies (1 for postive grounded pedals) 7 pedals, a line6 echo park.

since the pp2+ the noise issues from there a gone.

if you don't have noise issues now, you will have them after either. but with no noise issues there is no need to upgrade

Archived