WOT: My friends believe Aliens are walking around the Earth.

EvilSoup

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are making the classic mistake of thinking that they are different things.

Or that they were the ones involved

I'm sure there are plenty of things that happen and go on without us knowing anything.

and even things that don't go on that we are lead to believe do.

and things that go on that we misinterpret or are misdirected by.

• Members

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring. Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

No I can't, nothing about what we call 'reality' is reasonable or logical....I would suggest that it is totally illogical for us to live on a lump of rock floating in space and even more illogical for something to have created it for the purpose that the Christian religion suggests it was created for. There is no reason that I can see to suspect that any explanation humans think up is any more reasonable or logical than the next.

• Members

You should watch the movie 'expelled: no intelligence allowed'.

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring. Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

Not that evolution makes sense, anyway...well, on a small scale it certainly makes sense and we can see that today, but it by no means explains the origin of life. That's where it fails miserably.

I'm sure someone has already said this, but evolution doesn't really attempt to answer where life started, just how it got from there to where it is now.

• Members

always good for a funny argument (as in, once the argument is over you go home and laugh at them).

there are loads of Podcasts about the subject. 99.999999% of the people on them are completely full of {censored}. there are a few with brains that make a reasonable argument and don't try to beat it over your head. their arguments are usually along the lines of "i saw a UFO, that doesn't mean it was an alien, sure there may be life somewhere else in the universe, but they're not here right now."

Check some of the podcasts for a great laugh.

Aliens are just the modern day fairies, elves, ghosts, monsters, giants, gods, and/or etc. etc. etc. Over the course of history, mythological beasts and beings change...but the percentage of stupid people in any given population seems to remain constant.

• Members

true that.

to believe in evolution takes more faith than religion but atheists will tell you otherwise.

i know,i was an atheist for most of my life.

i realized that believing in god is far easier than believing in evolution a couple years ago. im a rational human being and i believe in god.

which god tho? well i believe in the christian god as ive experienced it.

i cant say that all other religions are wrong as i cant prove that.i cant even prove christ is right but i know it is.

we cant prove the supernatural,thats just the nature of it.

Oh god, this crap again...

Ned Flanders, go to this thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934823

Read my responses on that thread. Understanding of evolution does not take "faith" other than believing in uniformitarianism (the principle that processes we observe are uniform with natural processes of the past) and Occam's Razor (the principle that the simplest solution that fits the evidence is the correct one).

And as far as "transitional species" every species is in a constant state of transition. The geological, paleontological, and geological evidence, as well as observations of genetics, biological processes, and living specimens all fit in the current understanding of evolution.

If you do not understand evolution after reading my responses on that thread, only intensive study of the subject in multiple disciplines (biology, anthropology, geology, zoology, cell biology, genetics, etc.) will allow you to grasp this.

• Members

If you do not understand evolution after reading my responses on that thread, only intensive study of the subject in multiple disciplines (biology, anthropology, geology, zoology, cell biology, genetics, etc.) will allow you to grasp this.

that sounds like a lot of work. someone should invent a cover belief that will give an explanation for it without having to do any research.

• Members
You are making the classic mistake of thinking that they are different things.

:freak: They are. The CIA and the FBI, for example, are very different organizations. For all of the {censored}ed up things that the US government does, it's certainly not monovocal. To suggest that it is is overly reductive. Also, the entire "mainstream" press must be in on it too, from Fox News to the New York Times. The book I keep recommending to people, The Looming Tower, was written by Laurence Wright, a freelance writer for The New Yorker and other major media outlets.

• Members

I like the first, but they really are different genre

Alien was a horror flick...the threat is largely unknown, nobody even gets a CHANCE to get a good shot off, the mission wasn't military, the threat is not of our nature -- alien

Aliens was an action/adventure...the threat was an more tengible enemy, tough but vincible ([]within the action of the story), the mission was military (just there were complications) from the beginning

• Members

No.

I know some people don't want to believe this but mathematically it's much more likely that in our known and explore-able universe we are alone and will always be.

Just like some people believe in a zombie deity who saved the human race

• Members

within the action of the story), the mission was military (just there were complications) from the beginning

That's mainly way I like Aliens more. Alien is a little too slow and sometimes just a bit boring for my taste. I do like it, just not nearly as much.

• Members

I hear ya - different strokes and all
(like for me, the pace of the first highlights the tension w/o the release that action gives the audince in the second...but I like both too)

I like red wines, you like the sweat off a dead camel's testicles -- just different tastes :p:D

(note : I suspect camel testicles don't really sweat)

• Members

Search some info on the string theory (the newest theory about, well, everything).

Very interesting stuff.

IMO it would be selfish to say that aliens do not exist (simply because we don't have knowledge about any of this), but I think it's very doubtful that they walk around on earth.

• Members

I like red wines, you like the sweat off a dead camel's testicles -- just different tastes
:p:D

(note : I suspect camel testicles don't really sweat)

definitly not dead camels

The funniest thing I find about Alien was their computer system. A hundred years in the future or whenever it is and they're still using green monochrome monitors on an M Class star freighter :)

• Members

I watched the second video.

No way firefighters could get that close to molten steel without protective equipment.

Did they see molten steel or are these surface temperatures lower because there's a pile of building on top of them? Get your story straight.

And hell, maybe they did see molten metal. That doesn't mean it was molten steel.

That guy also doesn't know what thermite is. He talks about aluminum not rusting for some reason (uh, it definitely,
definitely
does). Thermite is a mixture of aluminum powder and a iron oxide (iron rust).

And if all this stuff can't burn hot enough to produce molten steel, then why was there still molten steel there after several weeks?
That
makes no sense. Apparently the theory is that they used demo charges, but you know, I don't recall anyone having problems with molten steel at any other demo site.

I don't know what to tell you. There are plenty of cases of airplanes crashing and not being found for quite some time.

NASA images would show hot spots - pools of molten metal covered by debris. These pools remained there for weeks after the collapses. Firefights boots would melt being close to some or on top of debris that have the metal under neath it.

"And hell, maybe they did see molten metal. That doesn't mean it was molten steel."

Could you clarify that...???? so it was molten steel but it doesn't mean it was molten steel??

I sorry but I didn't include a video of Steven Jones - the professor from BYU. Maybe he was in one of those videos or you're going by someone else's account - a fire fighters?

There is video footage of metal leaking out of the towers before they collapse as well.

How many demo sites have you worked on? How many demo projects have taken out structures of this size. --Speculation here. Perhaps they needed to compensate for size of the structure by adding move devices to aid in it's collapse.

• Members

"And hell, maybe they did see molten metal. That doesn't mean it was molten steel."

Could you clarify that...???? so it was molten steel but it doesn't mean it was molten steel??

And hell, maybe they did see molten metal. That doesn't mean it was molten steel.

• Members

Only thing that baffles me is building 7. It is the only doubt I need to have a doubt. All the other {censored} from molten metal and space beams and no planes is horse{censored} icing on the cake.

A good place to look for demystifying 9/11 has the answer: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=5

I just read through this article. It's a good read for anyone who wants to learn about the myths and the responses. I'll be honest, I was slightly intrigued during this debate by the possibility that something was going on outside of the so-called mainstream account. This article answers the questions I have though.

Archived