WOT: My friends believe Aliens are walking around the Earth.

EvilSoup

• Members

wheres all the transitional species?

There is evidence for incects, fish, and a few larger mamals, especially the horse.

also keep in mind that the fossils dont exactly sprout up on billboards. you have to look for them. I've certainly seen more evidence for evolution than i have of a supernatural creator.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do you have something to feel guilty about? Interesting, that as a christian you can be a total a-hole your entire life, and ask for forgiveness on your deathbed, and tell jesus you love him, and it's all a-ok.

I don't want to start a {censored}fit, but this has always kept me from becoming a Christian. It's very hypocritical.

*500 pages by midnight tomorrow*

• Members

darwins theories aint as solid as once believed.

all you need to do is read about it on the net to see this.

i used to buy evolution and i was an atheist for most of my life,around 27years.

i became agnostic as i concluded atheism takes as much or more faith than believing in god. and after reading a lot of info on the net i decided i didnt buy evolution so i remained agnostic for a couple years. i eventually became christian as i started to continually experience god,i cant explain it or prove it but i believed what i felt not what i read.

its very hard to study something with no bias,even when we dive into something "unbiased" we still hold bias and precepts of whats right and wrong,this cant be helped.

i never thought i would believe in god,it hit me quick and hard..it was a shock tbh.

regarding aliens? i dont know about that,ive seen things in the sky that i couldnt explain but maybe they where just planes/satelites. ive seen NASA videos of things that could well be UFO's and IMO probably are.

he's a witch, burn him.

sorry just going with my "feeling"

• Members

there is "proof" for both. They both have their strong points and weak points.

Who cares, the fact is we are here now and instead of worrying about how we were created just play guitar or something...goodness. You might find out when you die, you might not.

Edit: to the 9/11 {censored}, it was like what 7 years ago, just let it the {censored} go.

Ok, so far i've ignored the9/11 {censored}, but honestly, even if you just look at what has been reported as facts and admitted by the government, it looks like at the very least there was knowledge that an attack was imminent, and that lies were told. Sorry, 9/11 is right now, because every major thing our country has done since has a 9/11 spin to it. somewhere between 200,000 and 1.2million dead iraqis.... hmmm they cant all be terrorists can they?

• Members

smrz -

There is audio of the fire fighters stating that they saw multiple explosions:

There is also audio of fire fighters saying they had "isolated pockets of fire" in one of the towers and could "knock it out with two lines"

here is a video of FF talking about molten metal around ground zero - this was there weeks after the collapse.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9qEIlNVl5s
Steven Jones a professor at BYU found traces of thermate - from Thermite on some samples of the steel columns he was able to analyze. Thermite and Thermate are used in demolition.

I can't find the video of a physicist talking about the collapse of the towers and floor by floor. I think the towers fell under 10 seconds, lets say it was 10. There was 111 floors, thats 11 floors every second.... Frank Di Martini said the planes were built to withstand a fully loaded passenger plane crash into it, the outer skeleton of the building acting like the netting on a screen door - if you puncture it the whole thing doesn't fall apart.

Plus the building fell into the path of the most resistance - straight down. Also the South tower was hit second yet fell first - burned less than an hour.

Plenty of planes have crashed and then been missing for decades.

F = MA

Dude this makes no sense...It wasn't like the plane crashed in the ocean it was in a field. How can Jet engines go missing??

• Members
Sorry. It's my statement to whoever says that aliens can be cute (although no one said that). Plus, it's a vivid picture.

I'm sorry if I offended you, though. That was not my intention. Apology accepted?
:)

It's all good. I wasn't offended, on the contrary; I appreciate a vivid usage of words. :thu:

• Members

Coincidentally I just found out that my bass player believes everything that David Icke has to say. That's right, he believes all the world leaders are shapeshifting reptile aliens.

I used to like entertaining new ideas/conspiracies, but ultimately it's too depressing and doesn't help you to achieve anything in life. And the thought of evolution boggles me as much as the thought of a god.

I mean, yeah science can tell us what atoms are etc, but why are the atoms there? Why are they all so similar? Why did everything start moving around in the first place? What the hell is keeping my body together? We will never know the answer to these things.

• Members

You should watch the movie 'expelled: no intelligence allowed'.

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring. Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

Not that evolution makes sense, anyway...well, on a small scale it certainly makes sense and we can see that today, but it by no means explains the origin of life. That's where it fails miserably.

i can't believe no one lol'd at this. this is such a classic and hilarious argument.

just because we don't know how something happened doesn't mean GOD did it. it's a POSSILIBITY that "God" created the planet. not very logical though. especially with the argument that you can disprove evolution because you don't know how the first "cell" came into existence.

if you want to use that argument, you have to use that SAME argument on the creation of "God" himself. if there is a creator of some kind how was the creator created? what are the chances of "God" "randomly occurring?"

"If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how God came to exist, then sign me up! I'll be a Christian."

just kidding. just think.. just because evolution doesn't give us all the answers.. it doesn't mean it's wrong

i think the belief in a higher power is just a symptom of humanity's OCD. just give up guys, cause no one know how we came to exist. let's focus on what we know and maybe one day it will come to us. there isn't an answer for everything........ yet?

oh.. and aliens are walking around earth.... i want a mos eisley cantina to hang out at! hopefully one day...

• Members

Coincidentally I just found out that my bass player believes everything that David Icke has to say. That's right, he believes all the world leaders are shapeshifting reptile aliens.

I used to like entertaining new ideas/conspiracies, but ultimately it's too depressing and doesn't help you to achieve anything in life. And the thought of evolution boggles me as much as the thought of a god.

I mean, yeah science can tell us what atoms are etc, but why are the atoms there? Why are they all so similar? Why did everything start moving around in the first place? What the hell is keeping my body together? We will never know the answer to these things.

Science can explain why atoms are similar... or not similar. in reality an atom is identical to any other atom with the same weight and charge..

Science still can't explain gravity though. I guess that means there's no good reason to believe it exists... tha could be dangerous.

M-theory appears to answer some of these fundamental questions, and if I understand what I have read so far, it is at least somewhat testable.

Your body is held together by your cells bidning together. otherwise you'd turn in to a watery ooze.

• Members

actually, there's little chance of the earth ever finding intelligent life anywhere in the universe, let alone on our planet.

It's safe to say with near certainty that we are for all intents alone on our planet and throughout the cosmos.

• Members

the eyes of god are full of stars

I'm not sure how your analogy or that link disproves evolution being a false thing in the big picture, Collapse.

On the subject of transitional species, take the mouse for example. It is supposed that it evolved into the bat. On it's way evolving into the bat, it's forearms would have to grow to evolve into wings. At a certain point it's arm-wing is simply too long for the mouse-bat to be able to walk and to short for the mouse-bat to be able to fly.

So how would this ball of fur/membrane be able to survive for thousands of years? Would it not quickly become exctinct because of the fact that it can't move? It's a bit general, but the same thing goes for a lot of other animals.

Then, please, just tell me how life started. How the very first cell came to be. I haven't heard an answer yet...

Also, from any perspective, evolution can be proven false. Science disproves evolution. Christianity never goes against science. It only supports it.

Yeah, I know! It's so interesting (no sarcasm meant). But that doesn't prove anything about evolution... just that God is a very smart God.
;)

Alright, fair enough, this thread wasn't about evolution/creatonism. I just saw someone mention something pertaining to it and felt that I should say something.
:D
If anyone would like to continue discussion (please... I still REALLY want to know how evolutionists think the first cell came to be), then shoot me a PM.

• Members

haha, I know David...he lives down the road. He's ok, a lot of his opinions I have to disagree with, but he also knows alot about things that are very true....the way banks work, the economy, the patterns in weather and stuff that effects other stuff. Yeah he's a bit crazy....he a decent bloke though and facinating to talk to. The thing is though most of his beliefs aren't things he's made up himself, he's studied all this things to a very indepth level, he's traveled the world talking to people who claim the same things as he does. I spend a couple of hours talking to him about 'mind control of the masses' it was bloody facinating (and quite scary) even if you don't agree totally. He has an opinion on everything that usually makes you look at it from another angle and that has to be a good thing, he taught me to think for myself if nothing else, because many things aren't what the first appear to be....we live in an age where it is easy to be decieved.

• Members

Dude this makes no sense...It wasn't like the plane crashed in the ocean it was in a field. How can Jet engines go missing??

I don't know what to tell you. There are plenty of cases of airplanes crashing and not being found for quite some time.

• Members

haha, I know David...he lives down the road. He's ok, a lot of his opinions I have to disagree with, but he also knows alot about things that are very true....the way banks work, the economy, the patterns in weather and stuff that effects other stuff. Yeah he's a bit crazy....he a decent bloke though and facinating to talk to. The thing is though most of his beliefs aren't things he's made up himself, he's studied all this things to a very indepth level, he's traveled the world talking to people who claim the same things as he does. I spend a couple of hours talking to him about 'mind control of the masses' it was bloody facinating (and quite scary) even if you don't agree totally. He has an opinion on everything that usually makes you look at it from another angle and that has to be a good thing, he taught me to think for myself if nothing else, because many things aren't what the first appear to be....we live in an age where it is easy to be decieved.

I find his stuff fascinating. Can't agree with a lot of it, but he makes you take a step back and think, which is good. This bit of video is good too:

[YOUTUBE]3esEHpMY_6I[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

lol, that's my beach! :lol:

Yeah, that's it...think for yourself. I'm sure he wouldn't want people to just mindlessly believe in everything he says without thinking about it for themselves.

He scared the crap out of me one day...I was down the playground with the kids and I bumped into him, he was telling me about all the Masonic lodges and all this stuff, it was scary as {censored}....so I get home still thinking about all this stuff and a mate of mine comes round, I'll start to tell him and the first thing he says is 'my Dad's a in the Masons'......I shut the {censored} up about it right there!!!! (just incase I knew too much) :lol: You certainly don't want to think about it too much or you would go mad.

• Members

He talks about aluminum not rusting for some reason (uh, it definitely,
definitely
does).

google is your friend:

"Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion.

Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion is aluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion. Aluminum oxide corrosion also looks a lot more like aluminum, so it isn't as easy to notice as rusted iron.

When iron corrodes the color changes and it actually expands. This expanding and color change can produce large red flakes that we all know as rust. Unlike aluminum oxide, the expanding and flaking off of rust exposes new metal to further rusting. This why it is so important to provide a barrier so rust doesn't start."

• Members

google is your friend:

"Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion.

Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion is aluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion. Aluminum oxide corrosion also looks a lot more like aluminum, so it isn't as easy to notice as rusted iron.

When iron corrodes the color changes and it actually expands. This expanding and color change can produce large red flakes that we all know as rust. Unlike aluminum oxide, the expanding and flaking off of rust exposes new metal to further rusting. This why it is so important to provide a barrier so rust doesn't start."

Well, whatever you want to call it, it's the oxidation of the underlying material.

If you want to bring up Google links though. . .

Rust is scientifically called oxidation,
which occurs when oxygen comes in long-term contact with certain metals. Over time, the oxygen combines with the metal at an atomic level, forming a new compound called an oxide and weakening the bonds of the metal itself. If the base metal is iron or steel, the resulting rust is properly called iron oxide.
Rusted aluminum would be called aluminum oxide,
copper forms copper oxide and so on.

• Members

9/11 "conspiracy" theorists...this is getting silly. You can point out things that seem strange to you as much as you want, but that doesn't compare to the mountain of evidence on the other side. I'll ask again: how big is this conspiracy? For it to work, the CIA, FBI, NIST, 9/11 comission, and the White House are all in on it. Moreover, they're all doing it in such secrecy that no one has found any evidence of it.

• Members

ya'll who believe the official story can go right ahead. you know your in the minority now? yep.51% of americans dont believe the official story and feel its being covered up.

its sad that you believe the officail story tho,its people like you that are making it take longer for the whole truth to get out.

those that doubt the government could do such a thing google "operation north woods" and make sure you do google it.

most americans are idiots. the unofficial story is the coverup. it's to distract you.

• Members

A few points...

Firstly I don't think there is anything silly in seeking the truth.

I'll ask again: how big is this conspiracy? For it to work, the CIA, FBI, NIST, 9/11 comission, and the White House are all in on it.

You are making the classic mistake of thinking that they are different things.

Moreover, they're all doing it in such secrecy that no one has found any evidence of it.

That really wouldn't be as hard as you'd imagine. I'm sure there are plenty of things that happen and go on without us knowing anything.

Archived