WOT: My friends believe Aliens are walking around the Earth.

EvilSoup

• Members

They add up as evidence of answered questions that refute the official claim.

I disagree. The evidence that the official claim is true still far outweighs the evidence that it is not. Here are the pieces of evidence that you presented:

Why doesn't the 9/11 Commission report mention the multiple Fire Fighter and other eye witness's accounts of multiple explosions?

William Rodriguez was a janitor in a North tower. He reported feeling an rumble in the building PRIOR to the plane hitting the North Tower.

These are both anecdotal pieces of evidence not reflected in any video footage that I have seen. Is there any other evidence of explosives in the building?

How do you account for the Twin Towers collapsing at NEAR free fall speeds? no resistance from the floods below.

Well, I don't know why or how exactly the towers collapsed. The current NIST theory is that sagging floors pulled inward on the support columns, and that "This led to the inward bowing of the perimeter columns and failure of the south face of WTC 1 and the east face of WTC 2, initiating the collapse of each of the towers." Is there a more plausible explanation you can cite?

What about the debris or lack thereof in Shanksville PA?

This is one I've never even heard before. Very few people argue that no plane crashed. I've heard the argument that it was shot down or that it was a different plane that crashed but never that there was no plane at all.

On the other side of it, there are countless eyewitness accounts of the planes flying into each of these buildings. How many people are in on the conspiracy? The whole 9/11 comission and NIST? The CIA and the FBI too? Sorry, but I just don't buy it. Read The Looming Tower if you want to know what really happened. It's a really good book.

Sorry to hijack, everybody.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know who did it for sure....Lets start with the unanswered or inadequately answered questions and go from.

well, you did mention

There is some form of a NWO at work, 9/11 was an inside job- research it.

so we have a "professor plumb' forming in that view

As far as the aliens, are your friends talking about Reptilians?

hmm, good question - i mean alien wouldn't have to equal reptilian nor ETI, etc

that could be just another red herring, a half-truth, a lie, a misleading interpretation, etc

There is a whole conspiracy involving them - I'm not educated on it nor do I believe it.

Well, you did ask others to do research, having a negative bias w/o research (sometimes even with research -- absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, esp as the observational environment is not controlled, or could be subject to other-than-observer controls)

• Members

There was a news reporter - youtube a video of him, at the site in Shanksville saying they got reports of debris as far as 6 miles away...whats with that? Photos of debris scattered across someones home - small pieces...

F = MA

• Members

The reason I'm a Christian and not a Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. is that in all those religions (actually, in ALL religions besides Christianity) you have to earn your way into heaven by doing good things. How can one tiny, insignificant person please the creator of the universe? And how can this creator of the universe find favor in us that even though we walk around everyday lying, cheating, etc.?

I'm talking about the kind of evolution that states that we evolved from some sort of primordial soup and that mice evolved into bats over a few million years.

Another way of bringing clarity to the difference, courtesy of Bono:

Every religious system in the world espouses karma - you get what you give - in some form or fashion. In Romans, "the wages of sin is death" is essentially the Christian formulation of karmic reality. It's only in Christianity that there's a recognition that 1. merit fails and that 2. God intervenes. This is exactly what's meant by the word grace.

Back to 9/11, Roswell and Greta.

Michael

• Members

I'm not sure how your analogy or that link disproves evolution being a false thing in the big picture, Collapse.

On the subject of transitional species, take the mouse for example. It is supposed that it evolved into the bat. On it's way evolving into the bat, it's forearms would have to grow to evolve into wings. At a certain point it's arm-wing is simply too long for the mouse-bat to be able to walk and to short for the mouse-bat to be able to fly.

So how would this ball of fur/membrane be able to survive for thousands of years? Would it not quickly become exctinct because of the fact that it can't move? It's a bit general, but the same thing goes for a lot of other animals.

In some interpretations, it does. From your Christian perspective, it doesn't. This argument won't go anywhere.

Then, please, just tell me how life started. How the very first cell came to be. I haven't heard an answer yet...
Also, from any perspective, evolution can be proven false. Science disproves evolution. Christianity never goes against science. It only supports it.

Read up on the Galapagos Islands as well. There are a couple subspecies of finches, or some such bird, that all descended from the same progenitor species. Each subspecies has a different type of beak structure for eating different types of fruits and seeds native to the areas of the Islands in which each bird subspecies lives. They can no longer interbreed, because they've changed so much.

Yeah, I know! It's so interesting (no sarcasm meant). But that doesn't prove anything about evolution... just that God is a very smart God. ;)

Alright, fair enough, this thread wasn't about evolution/creatonism. I just saw someone mention something pertaining to it and felt that I should say something. :D If anyone would like to continue discussion (please... I still REALLY want to know how evolutionists think the first cell came to be), then shoot me a PM.

• Members

It doesn't really disprove it, anymore than saying "I don't believe" does. It's a theoretical explanation.

Alright, fair enough, this thread wasn't about evolution/creatonism. I just saw someone mention something pertaining to it and felt that I should say something.
:D
If anyone would like to continue discussion (please... I still REALLY want to know how evolutionists think the first cell came to be), then shoot me a PM.

I can tell you that the cell didn't develop all at once. A possible scenario is that some kind of archea (Ancient bacteria-like creatures that are still around--most are so called "extremophiles.") came into contact with a.) chloroplasts or b.) mitochondria, and developed a symbiotic relationship with them, forming the first simple eukaryotic cell.

Actually, after typing that out, I realize it's not exactly what you asked, but I think the leap from prokaryote to eukaryote is pretty significant.

• Members

Then, please, just tell me how life started. How the very first cell came to be. I haven't heard an answer yet...

Also, from any perspective, evolution can be proven false. Science disproves evolution. Christianity never goes against science. It only supports it.

I might have actually overstepped my knowledge a bit. I don't know much about theories about the first life on earth. It seems that this is generally considered a different field of study from evolution, and therefore sort of beside the point for what we're talking about in this thread.

That said, even if there was no existing plausible scientific explanation, that wouldn't imply that no scientific explanation is possible. The strategy of assigning the role of God to the unknown has historically lead to problems, such as religious rejection of scientific revolutionaries such as Copernicus or Newton.

• Members
That was gross, man.
:freak:

Sorry. It's my statement to whoever says that aliens can be cute (although no one said that). Plus, it's a vivid picture.

I'm sorry if I offended you, though. That was not my intention. Apology accepted? :)

• Members

I don't know.. I recently watched the first Alien and wasn't too impressed.

Still have to watch the other 3.

but you never watched it in a theater.

Let me tell you , i was a kid and went to see that movie, down in the caribbean i knew the owners of the theater , so the 18 years old restriction didn't apply.

The thing is i had to walk back home (like a mile and a half) and i was looking back all of the damn walk.

I was so impressed by that monster !!!!!!!! , looking at it now, i can only laugh, but that day at the theater, hehehheheh, it was very impressive!

• Members

You should watch the movie 'expelled: no intelligence allowed'.

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring. Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

Not that evolution makes sense, anyway...well, on a small scale it certainly makes sense and we can see that today, but it by no means explains the origin of life. That's where it fails miserably.

There were some verified experiments done back in the 80's and 90's where they made a mix of water and a number of chemicals they believed to be common on earth a few billion years ago, and they got these small gelitan like bubbles that acted quite a bit like cells. There was no DNA, but it at least some of the building blocks were there. I have tried googling it, but unfortunately the terminology im using is bringing up about a zillion unrelated results.

The logic behind that movies argument is "they can't completely explain this, so we must be right" But sciences makes your phone, computer and car work. I don't remember jesus having any of those.... It's real easy to turn water in to wine when everyone is already drunk... and you sepparate the event by a few people and many years.

• Members

The reason I'm a Christian and not a Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. is that in all those religions (actually, in ALL religions besides Christianity) you have to earn your way into heaven by doing good things. How can one tiny, insignificant person please the creator of the universe? And how can this creator of the universe find favor in us that even though we walk around everyday lying, cheating, etc.?

do you have something to feel guilty about? Interesting, that as a christian you can be a total a-hole your entire life, and ask for forgiveness on your deathbed, and tell jesus you love him, and it's all a-ok.

Most religions were used to hold a power structure together, and christianity is no different.... and when it went through the metamorphisis in the 3rd century it became something completely different that it was before... former doomsday cult becomes the religion of rome... yay. interested that followers are metapor'd as sheep in the bible huh?

Archived