WOT: My friends believe Aliens are walking around the Earth.

EvilSoup

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what the eff is wrong with you?! of course there are aliens. i went to lowes today to pick up something and there were a ton of them standing in the parking lot waiting for someone in a truck to pick them up and pay them to build a fence.

• Members

nothing "nuts" about the 911 conspiracy.the conspiracy is that terrorists attacked.the reality is that it was an inside job.

while not 100% convinced, I know I don't believe the 'official line' and if people don't believe their government lie to them then they are being very foolish....and i'm convinced that those buildings would never fall down like they did by having a plane flown into then.

• Members

I know plenty of people who believe far more improbable things that that, I know people that believe in God and think he created the planet.

You should watch the movie 'expelled: no intelligence allowed'.

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring. Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

Not that evolution makes sense, anyway...well, on a small scale it certainly makes sense and we can see that today, but it by no means explains the origin of life. That's where it fails miserably.

• Members

You should watch the movie 'expelled: no intelligence allowed'.

It's far more probable, and even logical, that God created the planet rather than it just randomly occuring.

true that.

Where did the first cell come from, for it to evolve? That's what I want to know. If anyone can give me a reasonable and logical explanation for how the first cell came to be, then sign me up! I'll be an evolutionist.

to believe in evolution takes more faith than religion but atheists will tell you otherwise.

i know,i was an atheist for most of my life.

Not that evolution makes sense, anyway...well, on a small scale it certainly makes sense and we can see that today, but it by no means explains the origin of life. That's where it fails miserably.

i realized that believing in god is far easier than believing in evolution a couple years ago. im a rational human being and i believe in god.

which god tho? well i believe in the christian god as ive experienced it.

i cant say that all other religions are wrong as i cant prove that.i cant even prove christ is right but i know it is.

we cant prove the supernatural,thats just the nature of it.

• Members

You 9/11 inside job people should seriously just do the rest of us a favor and kill yourselves.

Aliens--probably not.

You can disbelieve evolution all you want, but if you think it "doesn't make sense," you're probably the type that thinks that it implies that we evolved from chimps.

• Members

To those who say that 9/11 was an inside job, read The Looming Tower. It's easily the best history of 9/11 that I've read or heard about. What good evidence do you have that this book's account is inaccurate? Yes, I did see loose change. No, there isn't really any strong evidence there. It's just a collection of minor incongruities.

• Members

ya'll who believe the official story can go right ahead. you know your in the minority now? yep.51% of americans dont believe the official story and feel its being covered up.

its sad that you believe the officail story tho,its people like you that are making it take longer for the whole truth to get out.

those that doubt the government could do such a thing google "operation north woods" and make sure you do google it.

• Members

which god tho? well i believe in the christian god as ive experienced it.

i cant say that all other religions are wrong as i cant prove that.i cant even prove christ is right but i know it is.

The reason I'm a Christian and not a Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. is that in all those religions (actually, in ALL religions besides Christianity) you have to earn your way into heaven by doing good things. How can one tiny, insignificant person please the creator of the universe? And how can this creator of the universe find favor in us that even though we walk around everyday lying, cheating, etc.?

You can disbelieve evolution all you want, but if you think it "doesn't make sense," you're probably the type that thinks that it implies that we evolved from chimps.

I'm talking about the kind of evolution that states that we evolved from some sort of primordial soup and that mice evolved into bats over a few million years.

• Members

I'm talking about the kind of evolution that states that we evolved from some sort of primordial soup and that mice evolved into bats over a few million years.

That's pretty much exactly what I said.

That's not how evolution works though. Nobody thinks that. Well, no one who is educated on the subject.

And no one (who is truly educated on the subject) "believes" in evolution. That's not how science works. They know that evolution works as far as the evidence shows.

• Members

That's not how evolution works though. Nobody thinks that. Well, no one who is educated on the subject.

And no one (who is truly educated on the subject) "believes" in evolution. That's not how science works. They
know
that evolution works
as far as the evidence shows

wheres all the transitional species?

• Members

ya'll who believe the official story can go right ahead. you know your in the minority now? yep.51% of americans dont believe the official story and feel its being covered up.

its sad that you believe the officail story tho,its people like you that are making it take longer for the whole truth to get out.

those that doubt the government could do such a thing google "operation north woods" and make sure you do google it.

i don't see how that's evidence. It's not that I think the US government is great. I just don't see the evidence to support the "conspiracy" theories.

• Members

Just making sure we were on the same page.

And no one (who is truly educated on the subject) "believes" in evolution. That's not how science works. They know that evolution works as far as the evidence shows.

I was under the impression that plenty of people believed that. Richard Dawkins for one, a plenty famous and brilliant evolutionist.

Yeah, like I said, evolution does work. It just doesn't work when one gets into transitional species and the origin of life. It doesn't explain the creation of the universe nor does it explain that the earth is billions of years old.

It works. Just not on an earth creating, human beings/animals coming about scale.

• Members

Here's a pretty good analogy I found:

Consider transitional species like experimental prototypes. For example, steam-powered automobiles existed for a hundred years before the internal combustion engine. Then there was a short period of innovation, including the invention of four-wheel breaks, the independent suspension, and the electric ignition -- the accoutrements of all modern cars. After that, major innovations ended, and a tremendous population expansion occurred. The car, once modernized into a viable mass-market product, exploded onto the scene. The billions of cars since then have remained as a cohesive species, with only superficial and minor changes. And so, from our aliens' perspective, having not seen the horse-and-carriage, nor any of the pre-modern cars before the 1930s, they would conclude that the modern car emerged spontaneously, fully-formed.

Here's another good page about it: http://evolution-101.blogspot.com/2006/05/what-are-transitional-species.html

Besides, evolution tends to follow punctuated equilibrium, which would make the actual population of any given "transitional species" ridiculously low, while favoring wider populations of any given successful ancestor species.

In addition, the idea of a "species," Ned, isn't as clear cut as you seem to think it is.

• Members

every species is a species of it self and isnt a halfway between anything else.

you can see evolution at work on a very rapid scale in many kinds of flies and some plants. viruses too, for that matter. as for the rest of us, these things take place on a huge temporal scale. It's like saying, "If tectonic plates exist and they're moving, why can't I see it."

Archived