has there been a digital camera card winner? compact flash? SD? sandisk?

• Members

going to buy a new digital camera... looking at the Canon SD750 for $200, huge screen 7.1 megapixel

it takes SD or sandisk... my last camera was a compactflash card

just wanting to check and see if an card media was on teh way out, and hence, avoid it because getting a card in a year will be next to impossible...

thanks for any info...

• Members

There seems to be room for a few different memory card formats now and none of the well known ones look to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Personally I'd go for whichever card you can find that has the highest transfer rate, and a rate that can be supported by the camera. There's nothing worse in some digital cameras than having the delay between pics caused by slow transfer to card.

• Members

There seems to be room for a few different memory card formats now and none of the well known ones look to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Personally I'd go for whichever card you can find that has the highest transfer rate, and a rate that can be supported by the camera. There's nothing worse in some digital cameras than having the delay between pics caused by slow transfer to card.

would that just be noted as "transfer rate", or some abbreviations like "dpXXhi 7200-600"

• Members
:confused:

Digital Single Lens Reflex. It's the digital version of the popular 35mm camera configuration that uses a single lens combined with a prism to split the incoming image between the imaging sensor (or film, on a 35mm camera) and the viewfinder. This way, the photographer sees the same image in the viewfinder that the photograph will record, rather than an offset image from a separate viewfinder lens.

I think you're safe with most of the memory card formats. CF, SD, microSD, etc. are all going to be around for the foreseeable future. Sony's "Memory Stick" isn't going anywhere either, since it's used in the PSP and supported on the PS3.

• Members

going to buy a new digital camera... looking at the Canon SD750 for $200, huge screen 7.1 megapixel

it takes SD or sandisk... my last camera was a compactflash card

just wanting to check and see if an card media was on teh way out, and hence, avoid it because getting a card in a year will be next to impossible...

thanks for any info...

look for bargains on that camera. Its a great camera and its being replaced by a newer model that costs more.

I just bought a sd1000 for about 120 bucks. Same model, but with a 2.5" lcd and a small viewfinder.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=sd750&x=0&y=0

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=SD1000

canons are fast and great P&S cams

• Members

SD
Or CF

Both can be had ridiculously cheap.

But remember most Fugi/olympus cameras take xD and card readers for these cost a bit more because the hardware is licensed to those brands, however no format will die off suddenly. Unless you're planning on buying anything that takes.
SmartMedia.jpg
In which case, it's pretty dead already...

A few years back a 1GB SD was about

• Members
my wife especially loves the 3" lcd screen, so 2.5" will seem to small for her
:rolleyes:

Gotcha. OTOH, IF the screen should ever go out, you can still use the viewfinder to compose pics with. Something to consider...........

Archived