Space Echo 201. Lets talk.

mrweems

• Members

PS - I'm sort of with those who say get an RE-20 if it's for live use. I have an RE-201, and like others I'm actually a bit scared to take it anywhere. I just brought it into the shop for some maintenance. Just some minor fixes ... I hope.

• Members

PS - I'm sort of with those who say get an RE-20 if it's for live use. I have an RE-201, and like others I'm actually a bit scared to take it anywhere. I just brought it into the shop for some maintenance. Just some minor fixes ... I hope.

Another key factor in this is that no matter what the difference between the two may be, there's no way anyone in the audience is going to hear it, so migh as well go for the cheaper, smaller and more reliable option.

• Members

Another key factor in this is that no matter what the difference between the two may be, there's no way anyone in the audience is going to hear it, so migh as well go for the cheaper, smaller and more reliable option.

DING!!!!!

+1

• Members

He won't listen.

• Members

He won't listen.

I know, but somebody here might.

Granted I think the RE-20 is overpriced as well and wouldn't buy one either. I'd much rather be patient and score a 301 for a reasonable price. Fortunately I have plenty of time to wait. :blah:

• Members

Winnar.

Weems, what would you use the Space Echo for? gigs? bedroom? studio?

I'd say, consider the amount of use the piece of gear will get, and then make a desicion.

or not....it seems to me like you've already decided on the RE201, and are just looking for reassurance to get it.

go for i if that's what you want, look around, and try to get a deal.

Pretty much on key.

Basically the girl keeps pressuring a new tv on me for some reason. Yeah it'd be nice to have one but i need more gear over a tv IMO.

As far as use. Studio work is a must. Jamming at my house. And then local gig's i'd probably use it. But for touring no, i've read how they aren't very good for touring wihtout being taken extra care of and having a tech that knows what he is doing.

• Members

Did i miss something? Is HM down again? Why are you guys even in here? I appreciate the comments that aren't trying to make me look like a dumbass...

I'm past the HM crap and i'd hope that you were to and to not bring it here...

• Members

He won't listen.

And why do you think that?

the situation is i have 3 options of things to buy.

Just sourcing out this ONE situation.

The others include a polychorus/tremelo and then a semi hollow body guitar...

I've got my eye on all three situations. All i have to do is pay.

• Members

Trust me on this- I have both. The RE-201 stays at home because it got too much attention when I did use it live. Nobody in town repairs them, the parts can be hard to find, and the RE-20 sounds fantastic. No vintage mojo, but I wouldn't have any trouble replacing it should it get ripped off.

• Members

Trust me on this- I have both. The RE-201 stays at home because it got too much attention when I did use it live. Nobody in town repairs them, the parts can be hard to find, and the RE-20 sounds fantastic. No vintage mojo, but I wouldn't have any trouble replacing it should it get ripped off.

This is the only thought process that has been holding me back for 2 weeks.

Archived