"Best" Low Watt, Cheap Home Amp?

• Members

i got the gretsch for a very good deal the other day. its an ok amp, i cant see it sounding good w/the stock speaker at all.

its good to see my little brother was real psyched that he got a better sounding amp - i started him off with that Vox DA5. It was cool that he could tell that there was a tonal difference w/o me telling him much about the amp at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

• Members

Was about to one-up the Champion 600 for affordable Fender tube tone, but I'm gonna say the Blackheart Killer Ant is what it is - killer (at least from this guy's videos).

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The Vox Valvetronix range should maybe get a mention. I got a good deal on an ex demo AD30 a few weeks back and it has really surprised me. The Fender and Vox simulations, in particular, are very good. Once you get your head round the different controls, and stay away from the presets, it really is a good little amp. The built in attenuator is good as well.

• Members

I would go for the blackheart. It's what I have at home and it gets a sorta marshally sound. Kinda old marshall but it's awesome. I love it and it's def my home amp for sure. The bigger and better ones don't get much use because they are hard to push at home level.

Archived