*FUZZ* the movie!

modeerf

• Members

I just watched FUZZ the movie. Kind of cool/informative, but they could have gone into greater detail about the boxes themselves. There was alot about the issues with boutique builders and such, and they even trashed HCFX forum. But nonetheless pretty cool to get a glimpse inside I suppose!

Has anyone else seen it?

• Members

The movie was a look inside the industry of pedal makers, small and large. It wasn't really exclusively about fuzz pedals, but the title is still appropriate since it was from those first fuzz pedals that the current industry was born.

The movie consists almost entirely of commentary by the people they interviewed, with occasional breaks for a very brief pedal demo. Some of the people they interviewed had some harsh comments about various things, including the self proclaimed experts on gear forums, but I don't think they specifically targetted HCFX. Some also had some harsh comments about specific pedal makers.

One particularly insightful comment was when Jack Waterson asked the interviewer what was the most important quality an instrument needs in order to be sellable. The interviewer answered "Quality?", and Jack responded "Wrong. It's resale." He's got a valid point, because most musicians will sell gear as often as they buy it, and they won't buy something that has little value when they resell it.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie. Don't wait for a downloadable version. Just buy it.

• Members

They did it because they interviewed him via camera or webcam or something and audio quality was kind of crappy. Seened like a really cool person though. I just bought a meathead deluxe from him and have a meathead on the way! Totally want the 1966 after seeing and hearing him play it.

• Members

They did it because they interviewed him via camera or webcam or something and audio quality was kind of crappy. Seened like a really cool person though. I just bought a meathead deluxe from him and have a meathead on the way! Totally want the 1966 after seeing and hearing him play it.

Yes the 1966 sounds great!

• Members

I bet if you looked hard enough you'd find it online.

Thank you. You can paypal the money.

I have tried but without success. Even looked on some places with extremely obscure things. I'm thinking of buying it now though when you're saying it's good. The dollar is weak so the expensive shipping won't make my wallet cry too much.

• Members

Thank you. You can paypal the money.

I have tried but without success. Even looked on some places with extremely obscure things. I'm thinking of buying it now though when you're saying it's good. The dollar is weak so the expensive shipping won't make my wallet cry too much.

I can paypal the money..?? Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.....

• Members
I looked all over the net for this film and couldnt find anywhere....

even some of my trusted movie website....

last time I looked there wasnt any for sale on ebay uk

you can get it on amazon.com :thu:

• Members

I looked all over the net for this film and couldnt find anywhere....

even some of my trusted movie website....

last time I looked there wasnt any for sale on ebay uk

Send me money and I'll burn ya a copy...

Archived