NP'sD - Classic Chorus and Stereo Pulsar...

IRG

• Members

I ordered both Saturday night from Pedal Geek, and got them today. First time I've ordered form PG and I would say the experience was very good. I also ordered a COre X2 pedal board kit, my third one. I like them, well made, easy to use, not too expensive.

I'm not posting pics, or I could, but I gotta get some dinner and put the kiddos to bed first, so it will be delayed. Not that these pedals are rare or anything, although I have to say, I don't know if I have seen the Carl Martin Classic Chorus on anyone's board.

Very early impressions:

The Classic CHorus - not sure about this pedal yet. Simple design, very well made, looks nice, about the overall footprint of my SMMh. It has a level for volume which makes it somewhat unique among chorus pedals, speed and depth knobs, and then a rate knob with a second switch to engage a somewhat subtle vibrato sound. The vibrato only works with the chorus, not on its own. I was expecting a lusher sound, but I'm coming from an EHX Small Clone which has a pretty distinct sound. The CC is more subtle. Engage the vibrato and it becomes a bit more dramatic. If you want really engaging dripping chorus, this pedal isn't for you. It sounds nice clean though, and the separate vibrato is a nice feature to give you a more warbly tone when you want it. I like the fact that this pedal doesn't seem to clip like my SC would.

I wish the effect was more dramatic, or at least the option to be dramatic, but we'll see, I might like it being more subtle.

Stereo Pulsar: At first I wasn't sure the thing was working, the rate knob does seem overly sensitive. It seems like it works between 9 and 10 oclock, anything more or less makes the effect somewhat useless. I would prefer this knob to be less sensitive. I still got a lot of messing to do, but the effect in stereo is pretty cool. I can definitely see using this pedal quite a bit in my playing. I've got to play with the rate and shape controls more to see how they interact. I can see though, how the tap tempo on the SD Shape Shifter would be very useful, and I may actually return this pedal for that one, not sure yet.

I didn't even bother to check, does Pedal Geek have a return policy? The one chorus pedal I would like to try against the Classic CHorus would be the version 2 H2O pedal. But before I do, both pedals will get a good workout this weekend.

• Members

the pulsar is cool man, i love mine.

you need to play with it a lot to find settings you like as it is super sensitive and has tons of range.

Yeah it does appear to be quite sensitive. The Classic CHorus was about the opposite, I could dime the controls, and it didnt make a huge difference in the tone, unless you switched off the vibrato.

Archived