didn't like chorus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a Meistersinger. It was a nice chorus. I guess I just didn't like chorus that much. I wanted the guitar tone to sound like guitar not a synth or a keyboard. Ended up like phaser better. But I'm really not using that much. Dirt-wha-delay mostly for me.

• Members

The clip was a shootout between a variety of boutique chorus pedals and the CE-1 was one of them. It just sounded warmer and deeper than any of them without getting muddy, so much so that the others sounded very flat in comparison.

I've got a Small Clone and I love it too, I've also got a Meistersinger which is brilliant, but that clip for me was the best I'd heard.

• Members

I've had them both, I like the AM because it costs more.

I'm saving up for my future chorus pedal. It's going to be a box the size of a room with twenty choirboys and a cattle prod taped to the inside.

• Members

Anybody have a CE-1 clip? I'm not a chorus fan, but I'd be curious to hear one.

I have a black label, long dash CE-2, which I like as good as any I've heard, but I don't generally care for the effect...makes everything sound like Bryan Adams or Rush to me. It's a very Canadian effect.:D

• Members

I'm a big fan of DLS, i've got the Echo Tap, but I'd still really have to try it first. Here's the CE-1 against another well regarded chorus with 9.9 average for sound on HC reviews:

[YOUTUBE]qeKon5JC13g[/YOUTUBE]

Archived